[𝗨𝘇𝘂𝗶 𝗧.] 𝘈 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘮𝘢𝘯'𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵

Uzui Tengen, the former Sound Hashira, had been turned into a demon.

It was a horrifying message, the Kasugai Crows carried, sent by none other than the Stone Pillar. Himejima Gyoumei had found him, after Uzui's wives reached out to him and Ubuyashiki; desperate and hoping, that their husband couldn't hurt anyone beforehand. Everyone knew for a fact that a strong Hashira, retired or not, would make an even stronger demon. A terrifying thought that had everyone on edge for nearly two weeks.

Then, another message followed.

The demon formerly known as Uzui Tengen had attacked the Stone Hashira, before being captured.
No blood was drawn.

Their last hope.

Instead of beheading him, like Himejima should've done, he caught and restricted him greatly. Bound by heavy chains, heavier than his own body, the demon could barely move. Bamboo nuzzles didn't work for him like for the younger Kamado sibling, so the swordsmiths made a thick pipe of the same ore their nichirin blades were made from. Uzui wasn't able to bite through it entirely, as only his upper canines pierced it ever so lightly. They also ensured that he'd hurt himself when forcefully biting down, or trying to take it off by himself.

Just like he had been a horrible sight for demons, he turned into an even more terrifying one for humans.

Nonetheless, Kochou Shinobu hoped for the best. She had ordered the Stone Hashira to visit her estate, and to bring the demon along. Maybe he'd recognize one of them, or perhaps she could learn more out of samples of his blood.
Simultaneously, Tanjirou had reached out for a woman neither of them knew. He ensured that she'd helped him with his sister before, and was thus allowed to proceed contacting her. A few days later, a vial of an unknown liquid arrived at the Butterfly Estate at the same time as Himejima and the bound demon did. And, not much later, Uzui's three beautiful wives followed, as well. They were tense and utterly distraught.

Afterwards, the next tragedy emerged: The demon repulsed any of them.

Himejima was the only one able to hold him down. Nonetheless, it posed as impossible to inject the formula into his body. It was crucial to get rid of Muzan's cells in his system, to avoid any connection between them. It was a race against time, until that monster would find one of their safe places.
Himejima's hands itched, his weapon right beside him at all times, while Shinobu sought out one last possibility. She had been called insane for it, but the young woman didn't budge the tiniest bit. After all, he was their only chance now.

Agatsuma Zenitsu.

Maybe it was her female intuition that brought him up in her mind, maybe it was basic knowledge. But the Insect Hashira knew for a fact that the blond was of high importance to the demon's former life. If his trusted colleagues couldn't get through to him, not even his own wives, Agatsuma had to be a missing key. Either that, or Uzui Tengen's head would roll in a matter of seconds.

✽✽✽

As instructed, Zenitsu knocked on the sliding door. Shinobu had called for him, fully knowing that he couldn't deny any of her requests. She was a pretty woman, but a scary one as well. He only hoped it wouldn't be about anything too dangerous; he valued his life greatly. Now even more, after news traveled around that the retired Sound Hashira had been turned into a demon, and later on had faced the Stone Hashira. Something that still shocked him.
The blond hadn't known Uzui that well in the beginning. But after their mission in Yoshiwara they'd gotten closer. During rehabilitation, Zenitsu couldn't use his legs - the older man had lost his left hand and eye. They struck up a small deal, part as a joke, part serious, in which Uzui carried him around. In return, Zenitsu helped with whatever he needed both of his hands for. Oftentimes, he just helped by washing and brushing his silky hair, and by tying the front of his yukata. On many days, he even fed him. Neither had cared that it was absolutely unnecessary, just like the long baths they shared.