Chp 3 - Love is in the air

Love is in the Air

Since Tankhun and Pete has "reconciled", Pete's mood obviously improves a lot. Tankhun is very clingy to Pete and texts him almost non-stop except when he sleeps. If Pete does not reply in seconds, Tankhun will make a video call to him. As Pete does not want to endure the torture of Tankhun's high-decibel nagging, he has to pay attention to phone messages at all times. Sometimes when Vegas talks to Pete, Pete responded fragmentarily as he is lowering his head and focusing on replying Tankhun. Vegas starts to regret sending koi to Tankhun, because Pete's attention used to be all on him, and him only.

Today, Tankhun called and said that Pol has got stomach cramps and had asked for three days of sick leave. He wanted Pete to come back and accompany him for 3 days.

"Khun Noo, I'll be there during the day but I have to go home at night."

"Go home? The main family is your home. How long have it been since the last time you sang karaoke and watched movies with me? Are three days too many that I am asking for?" Tankhun sulked over the phone.

Frankly, Pete understands that he has not been with Khun Tankhun for a long time. "Okay, let me tell Vegas..."

"Why do you need to discuss with that bastard? Just come over here!" Tankhun was pissed off hearing Pete cares so much about Vegas.

"Khun Noo, don't call Vegas a bastard. He treats me very well. I'll tell him and get back to you later."

"No way! I'll send a car to pick you at 6 tomorrow morning. You're going to have breakfast with me!" Tankhun then hung up the phone and rolled his eyes outrageously.

On the day of the families' confrontation, he couldn't believe what he had seen. His little sunshine didn't shoot Vegas to death, but even allowed Vegas to hug and kiss him! In the end, Pete left the main family without his consent. The more Tankhun thought about it, the angrier he became.

"Arm, bring me the purple hair dye! I need to lighten up my mood with a bright colour! I raised Pete like my son but he speaks for my enemy now!"

After dinner, Vegas sat on the sofa with a book. Pete came over and lied on Vegas' lap, "Vegas, the dinner tonight was delicious, right?"

"Yay, aunt's cooking is good. I will give her extra bonus." Vegas said softly while dotingly rubbing Pete's luscious hair.

Pete was speaking in a coquettish tone that he didn't even notice, "Vegas, may I discuss something with you?"

Vegas adored the unconsciously coquettish tone of Pete. His heart was instantly filled with sweetness. "What is it about, Baby?"

"Khun Tankhun..."

"No," hearing the name, Vegas stopped smiling and refused Pete's "consultation" without hesitation.

But his reaction was within Pete's anticipation. Pete then put his arms around Vegas' neck and continued, "Khun Tankhun's bodyguard is on sick leave. Can I accompany him for 3 days? 3 days only."

"3 days? What on earth will happen if I can't see you for 3 days?!" Vegas' expression clearly indicated: Not negotiable.

"If Khun Tankhun is angry with me, I will be terribly frustrated. And as you can tell, he treats us very well for letting the aunt to come and cook delicious food for us. You like her cooking too, don't you? I love both of you, so I hope that you can get along well with each other..." Pete said pitifully.

Vegas' attitude immediately softened when he heard Pete said "love". He pondered, and muttered, "Alright, you go there at 11am...nah...go after lunch. Then I'll pick you up at 5 pm...oh no, 4 pm, oh no, 3 o'clock, I' ll pick you up at 3."