Unconventional Happy Endings

"Never too old, never too bad, never too late, never too sick to start from scratch once again."

The phone rang. The tone was shrill and echoed through the silence of the sleeping apartment.

Once.

Twice.

A hand slapped around on the bedside table before grasping the smart phone, "H-hello?" Takemichi answered groggily. He felt like he had slept for the first time in weeks even though he had been sleeping regularly. Maybe it was the lack of nightmares?

He had no nightmares?

He blinked his eyes, a hand rubbing at his face as he stifled a yawn. He tried to roll off his stomach, but there was a weight on his back. Had a friend stayed the night? He couldn't really remember through his foggy, sleep addled mind.

He was still half asleep.

"Ah, Takemichi-kun," Hinata's voice was as bright as the sunrays peeking through his curtains, "Good morning, have you slept well?"

Takemichi hummed into the phone and rested his face back onto his fluffy pillow as whoever he was sleeping with snuggled into his back.... Why did his back hurt so much?

"That's good to hear! I will be over to make you breakfast! I hope you're up by the time I arrive!"

Takemichi yawned again, "Mikey stayed the night..." The man paused and thought about what he had just said-- His eyes snapped open, suddenly wide awake.

The body snuggling into him could only be Mikey!

He took a sharp breath when he felt the man's hands rove up his back to encircle his chest, a chin resting on his shoulder, "Good morning, Takemitchy." Mikey's morning voice was deep and husky and it made something rattle in Takemichi's mind.

Mikey was still here! His chest bubbled with relief that Mikey hadn't snuck out in the middle of the night.

"G-good morning, Manjirou," Takemichi whispered and his eyes widened when he registered that Mikey's own body pressed into his back, their skin touching under the blankets--

"Good morning Hina-chan," Mikey greeted as he pressed the speaker option on the phone screen.

"AH! Mikey-kun! Hi! Do-do you maybe want me to make breakfast for you too? Or do you want me to wait until lunch so you can spend more time with Takemichi-kun?"

Takemichi was confused. Why... why was Hina acting so cool about Mikey being here? What was going on? Why were they talking like they were friends? Or was Hina just being as polite as she always had been? Hina wouldn't know about how bad Mikey's criminal activities were, would she?

"Can you come at lunch? I wanna talk with Takemitchy. We didn't do much talking last night." Mikey sounded so proud of himself, like fucking the life out of Takemichi was some big accomplishment or something and it made Takemichi's cheeks heat.