"Yuki, stop hogging the cake." Pierre said when he saw Yuki slice a huge part of the cake before placing it on his plate. Everyone laughed as Yuki met Pierre's eyes and moved to sit beside me as if he was a kid running back to his mom.

"I can have more cake, right?" He asked and I couldn't help but pat his head while I nodded my head.

"As long as you leave the last corner slice to me."

"Deal."

Lando told me about his house since he and Luisa just finished renovating it while Alex shared the trip he was planning to take with Lily in Taiwan to celebrate New Year's Eve. As they all took turns to share their holiday plans, my eyes met Mick's and he mouthed the words are you okay?

I shrugged my shoulders and glanced at Charles who was beside me. I was sat by the side of his bed, hand linked with his the entire time as I balanced a plate of cake on my lap. I gave Mick a tight smile because that was all I could muster up ever since Abu Dhabi. He no longer had cuts on his faces and the few bruises that were there had begun to fade away. They had removed the bandage wrapped around his head when we left Abu Dhabi but you could still see the scar that had formed just by his left eyebrow.

The world of Formula One have been talking nonstop, trying to guess when he'll wake up.

If he'll wake up.

I've seen countless of people think it but I refuse to accept that it's a possibility. He and I have suffered too much only to be rewarded with the same thing. We deserve a happy ending and the vow we took a year and a half ago was a promise to make that happen.

December 25, 2027 - Monaco

"Merry Christmas, my love." I whispered to Charles as I placed my chin over my arms that were settled on the side of his bed. I recently just shaved his facial hair since Pascale and the others would be coming by in a few and I knew that wanted to take pictures. I wanted Charles to look the best he can right now and I even placed a red Christmas sweater over him to compensate for the holidays.

A tear dropped down my cheek as I remembered our last Christmas together which was spent in Switzerland with Mick and Seb's family. It was endearing to see him interact with Seb's kids despite not being able to work with him for years now. The two drivers have always stayed in contact and Mick joined them as well. Charles and Mick grew closer when word of the latter joining Ferrari came out. Charles and Seb would give him some advice, having both spent at least five years in Ferrari.

I remember Seb standing beside me as we watched the two Formula One drivers have a snowball fight with Emily and Matilda, their childish personas coming out.

"How's the married life?" Seb asked and I saw him glance at Hannah who could be seen inside the house. We spent Christmas Eve at the Schumacher's and now it was time to celebrate Christmas morning at the Vettel's.

"I love him but he has to learn how to put away his stuff." I said and Seb laughed, knowing how messy Charles could sometimes be. If it's not the shoes that are carelessly left by the door, it's his jacket that he just throws over the couch or table. "I keep reminding him but it's like everything I say goes over his head."

"You'll get used to it." Seb chuckled and he laughed harder when he saw my face. "I used to do the same thing and it probably took about six months for Hannah to talk me into it."

"With Charles, I'd give it at least a year."

"I agree."

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when the door to his room opens and I quickly wiped my tears with my sleeve when I heard laughter flow into the room.

I stood up and smiled before walking into Pascale's open arms. "How are you, dear?" We last saw each other only a few hours ago but I know Pascale has been worried for me as well. It was obvious that I wasn't eating as much and have been throwing myself into work despite it being the holidays.

I needed something to get my mind off of everything that's been going on and work was the only thing that had no relation to Charles at all.

"Trying to survive." I said and Pascale hugged me tighter. "Your trip's coming up in a few weeks isn't it?"

"Yes." Pascale sighed before pulling away. "I've asked Arthur to cancel it for me."

"What? Why?" I asked, turning to Arthur who bumped his fist with Charles before squeezing his hand.

"She wants to be here in case Charles wakes up." Arthur said, sitting down by the side of Charles' bed where I previously was. "I didn't cancel it though. I asked them if it'd be okay to postpone and they agreed."

I saw Pascale's eyes brighten as Lorenzo pulled her aside, the two of them sitting on the couches as I moved to Arthur. "They let you do that for free?"

Arthur grinned at me and I already knew what his answer was going to be. "Of course not. I had to pay a small fee but mum doesn't need to know that." He said, winking at me and I shook my head at him. "I see you've been working." He said, raising an eyebrow at the box of papers that I hid behind the sofa. If Pascale knew I was working on a holiday, she'd be shaking her head at me and wouldn't hesitate to hide the box until the holidays ended.

"Just some light reading." I said, placing a finger over my lips and subtly kicking the box so that it wouldn't be seen at all.

"How many cases are in there?"

"About eight."

"Nadia, you seriously need to learn how to take a break." Arthur stifled his laughter when I rolled my eyes at him. "The firm is aware that it's Christmas day isn't it?"

"Yes, but they're not aware that one of their partners has decided to bring work home because she has nothing to do while she waits for her husband to wake up from a coma." I said in one breath, raising an eyebrow at Arthur who only held both of his hands up in the air in surrender.

They brought over breakfast that Lorenzo had cooked. He had a bit of free time now but would surely be busy once the New Year comes around since he'd be having his kids over. He and his wife, Alice, have been divorced for over a year now and they switch off during the holidays. His eldest, Marcus, was almost six while his youngest, Calliope, just turned three a few months ago. Ever since their divorce, Charles and I have continuously helped him get through it, sometimes babysitting for them when their schedules would clash and especially when they were going through the divorce itself. I've grown attached to Calliope even though she has a hard time saying my name while Marcus looked up to his godfather with admiration every time they were over.

I was helping Lorenzo pack up the food they brought when a sharp gasp escaped Pascale's lips. We all turned towards her as she placed a hand over her mouth, eyes clouded with tears.

"Mum?" Lorenzo called out, walking near her and as we all approached, we saw the reason as to why Pascale was close to bawling her eyes out.

Charles was awake and his green eyes were looking straight at me.

*****
Predictions for Spa? Happy race week btw!!

Reese