Old Haunts

Old Haunts

"ARE YOU EXCITED?" Thea asks Gemma, she shrugs her shoulders at the question, Her hair was styled up into a bun, and she wore her silver bomber jacket that she got from her mom, paired with a black skirt and leggings with a white tank top. 

"I don't know," Gemma tells her, she slips on the pink hightops, sitting next to Thea on her bed, She looks between the teen girl and shoes. "First day of first grade, its exciting you get to learn all new things." 

"I don't wanna go, I wanna stay home and play." Gemma rants and Thea chuckles at her words. 

"You will have friends to play with, you won't be alone." Thea treasures her, Gemma looks at her looking into her dark brown eyes, her little face painted with fear, Thea places her hand on Gemma's little hand. 

"Hey, it's okay to be scared, I know I was afraid on my first day, you just have to go with the flow," Thea tells. "You're a King girl, and you have yet to learn what that truly means." 

"Daddy says we come from power," Gemma speaks up, Thea smiles at his words, she wasnt around to help him with embracing all parts of being a hybrid, she knows she probably wont be around to tell her either. 

"Your Daddy's right. Our family has been around for a long and people have tried to end us, some have....succeed." Thea sighs at the last touching the center of her chest. She shakes her head trying not think of the pain. 

She stands up before getting to her knees and getting to eye level with the seven-year-old girl, her face was stern but soft so she wouldn't make her feel uncomfortable. 

"You come from greatness and if we can survive long to keep our power I think we can handle the first day of First grade," Thea tells her, she moves a piece of hair away from the little girl's forehead. Gemma smiles at Her words. 

"If you need anything all you have to do is think about me and I will be there," Thea reassures her, she grins looking her in the eyes.

"Come on let's go." Thea ushers her up, She hops off the bed skipping out of the room. 

Thea smiles to herself. She was happy that she was able to talk to Gemma, it was one of the few things she could do, she was grateful the little girl was getting to know her, To her it felt like she was getting the chance to fix her mistake. 

She never got to raise her little brother, she might have been around for three years of his life that wasn't long enough for her, she wanted to be the best older sister she could. Even though she thought it was strange that her parents were having another kid when she was only fifteen but she was happy to have a brother. 

"You're lucky you know." Thea turns around at the sound of the voice, her eyes widening before furrowing her brows confused to see a girl with tan skin and brown hair in front of her.