Hanging with Jacob

Start from the beginning

  ''We get it if you think this is stupid and reckless,'' Bella tells him. ''Completely stupid and reckless,'' Jake nods his head. ''When do we start?'' He asks grinning. 

''Now?'' Bella asks him. Jake grins, walks around the truck and gets a grip on one of the bikes. ''Careful those are very,'' Bella pauses as Jake has no trouble lifting the bike off the truck. ''Heavy,'' I raise my eyebrows in shock. 

''Jake when did you get so buff? You're only sixteen'' Bella asks shocked. ''Age is just a number baby,'' Jake smirks at the two of us.

A couple of weeks later, Bella, Jake and I were in the shed. Motorcycle parts were laid all around the room. ''You know if we are going to be working on this every day, we should probably fit homework in at some point. Don't want Billy to think that we're a bad influence on you,'' Bella tells him. 

''You two, a bad influence on me?'' Jake looks at the two of us in amusement. ''We are older than you,'' I tell him smirking. ''Age ain't nothing but a number,'' Jake repeats himself from the first day. ''We convinced you to build two-wheeled death machines om secret,'' Bella tells him. 

Jake pulls a face of mock horror while looking between the two of us. ''God you're both like satin,'' Jake tells us. ''Yo Jake, you in here?'' a new voice calls out from outside the shed. 

Bella goes to cover the bikes but Jake shakes his head. ''It's cool, it's just my boys,'' Jake tells us before two guys walk into the shed. 

''Hey Jake,'' One of the guys greet. ''Hey, girls these are my friends. Embry and Quill, guys this is Alvenia and Bella,'' Jake introduced the four of us. ''So, the Bike building story is true?'' Quill asks walking forward. ''We taught him everything he knows,'' I tell them smirking.

''What about the part about how Bella is his girlfriend?'' Quill asks looking at Bella. I feel my eyes widen when I heard what Jake had been telling his friends before turning to look at Jake with my eyebrows raised.

''I said she was a girl and a friend,'' Jake tries to diffuse the situation. ''Embry do you making him making that distinction?'' Quill asks looking at their other friend who hasn't said anything.

''Nope,'' he shakes his head. ''So, I guess you guys have girlfriends?'' Bella asks raising her eyebrows at the two of them. Jake laughs and I snicker.

''Right, Quill took his cousin to prom,'' Jake chuckles. ''You want funny Black, I'll give you funny,'' Quill tells him before tackling him. I grab Bella and move her away from the two guys playing fighting. ''Five bucks on Quill,'' Embry leans over to us. ''You're on,'' Bella and I tell him.

A couple of weeks later, Bella, Jake and I were driving along the cliffs looking for a spot to ride the now-finished bikes.

''If I told you both that I wouldn't have been able to fix these motorcycles, what would you have said?'' Jake asks us breaking the silence.

''We would've said it would have been a shame,'' Bella tells him looking away from the road briefly to look at Jake. ''And that we would've had to find something else to do,'' I smile at him. Jake smiles at me before looking back out the window.

''Hey, isn't that Sam Uley?'' Bella asks ''and his cult,'' Jake speaks up bitterly. ''Oh my god,'' Bella quickly pulls over and puts the car into park before rushing out.

I look to where Bella is looking and see Sam and who I think is Paul pushing someone off a cliff. ''Shouldn't we stop them?'' Bella asks. Jake starts chuckling. ''They're not in trouble Bella,'' Jake tells her. ''They're just cliff diving,'' he finishes.

'On purpose?'' Bella asks. I just watch Sam and what I assume is his pack. ''Scary as hell, but a total rush,'' Jake tells us. Bella and I share a look. ''A rush?'' I ask him. ''Yeah, most of us jump from lower down. We leave the showing off to Sam and his disciples,'' Jake rolls his eyes.