8

"Okay.. class, this is the transfer student. Please introduce yourself." the teacher then turns to look at me.

i look around to see everyone staring at me, including larry.
"i— uh.. im Y/n L/n." i spoke, getting nervous with every second.

"Alright Y/n, go sit down next to Avery." the teacher points to a girl, who looked looked disappointingly familiar.

i sat next to her and looked over to see her rolling her eyes.

"damn.." i whisper to myself.

~~<
the whole class i could feel this girl looking me down with disgust.

*ringgg* i get up and grab my stuff before im pulled down by my tablemate.

"hm?" i look at her with confusion before she goes on talking.

"your the hallway girl. i would just like to warn you about something real quick." she gives me a cold smile.

"...whats up?" i ask.

"you need to step down and watch your attitude. not just around me, but everyone else. this is a really tough school and you wont last a week if you act like a smartass to people."

she continues speaking..

"dont stand out or you'll be targeted. the girls here are not to be messed with. they may seem nice, but they will make your life hell if you pique their interest."

"the guys here are worse. they will use you if your good enough, and if not, they will torment you, and i mean physically.

she looks me in the eye with a serious expression.

"its all fun and games to these people but if you take it to heart and react, they will get worse as time goes on. nobody forgets here, so watch what you do."

She pauses for a minute.

"listen i may have been a bit of a bitch earlier but i wont lie to you about this kind of stuff, especially since your new so this information really is crucial."

"avoid popular groups and dont cause any problems with them. dont shit on their reputation, and dont try to befriend them. if they ask you to do something, or not do something, listen. or they will use force."

she seems to be thinking for a minute.

"Oh, and stay out of drama and trouble or you will be a relevant topic around the school. gossip and rumors go around really quickly and people find out about everything that goes on."

she turns around and before walking away, she says one last thing with a slight snicker;

"good luck... and dont lose your head."

i just kinda stand there for a moment 🧍‍♀️ before remembering i have to go to next period.

"shit, ive got 2 minutes." i begin to run to my next period.

i get there with 8 seconds to spare and i see larry waving at me. i give a small wave back before the bell rings and the teacher walks in.

"Alright class, as most of you are aware, we have a transfer student now attending this school, please give her a welcome."

i look at the teacher for a second, and he starts to speak again.

"alright, go sit near larry since hes your guide."

i nod and go sit next to larry.

The teacher begins on the science lesson while larry pulls out a piece of paper.