6

(second day of school)
-thursday
•lunch
CW: hallucinations, panic
—————
"Yo Y/n, how'd it go with your mom?" Larry asked, with his mouth full.

"Fine really, i just told her that somebody accidentally slammed their locker in my face and she believed it." i replied to him.

I see Sal walking to our table from the corner of my eye and i wave to him, to which i get a wave back. Sal puts his food tray next to mine and sits next to me. "hey, how are you?" Sal asks with a happy tone.

Sal has been so kind to me despite not knowing me long. He makes me feel safe, and he's just a comforting friend in general.

I respond with "Good, how about you?" before giving him a small close mouthed smile.

"Im alright." Sal says, and i could see his mask move a bit, which i would assume was a returned smile.

I hoped i could get the chance to see him without the mask soon. I mean, when he's comfortable of course.

I honestly would love to see his smile. I imagine it would be as bright as his blue hair.

And his eyes... Would they fit his awkwardly sweet personality. Or maybe they be filled with hope and happiness. Comforting, sweet, safe...

"Y/N?? Are you alright?" Sal asks, his hand on my shoulder.

"Oh, yea- yeah. sorry i was uh.. remembering how S/n reacted to my face..." I responded, with embarrassment, but no one noticed.

"Bae i thought you were possessed— like you were just sitting there with a blank expression" Ash almost finished saying, but she was interrupted by her own laughter.

Sal's arm slides back down to his lap.

"Sorry about that.." i replied, still embarrassed, but trying to play it off with a slight smile and an awkward laugh.

"Nah, don't worry. You're fine child." Larry—who is on the other side of me— speaks up, a grin on his face.

Larry lifted his hand up and rest it on my hair, giving my head a few pats—bop—before putting his hand back down.

suddenly, my vision started fading.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Y/n.. Y/n, are you alright..?"

"where am i?" i asked.

"in the nurses office, you just kinda passed out towards the end of lunch." Larry responds.

"my head hurts." i whined.

"I would think so man...you took a hard hit to the floor." Larry exclaims with concern. "What happened though? Seriously."

"..."

"I don't remember much." i told him. larry?

"Um... ooh uh, at some point, i did feel eyes on me, kind of burning through the back of my head." I added on, realizing..

"no... somethings wrong."

"what do you mean Y/n?" lArrrrry??? asked.

"i- i hear voices— like really loud voices— i hear them in my head." i said, panicking.

"they keep repeating the same thing...over and over and over and over and over again."

"terrible idea.. terrible idea, terrible idea. make it stop...! PLEASE MAKE IT STOP" i yell, tears forming through the corner of my eyes.

larry disappeared, a voice takes his place.

"whats wrong ____/•?(".?" the voice is too familiar for comfort.

"no.. NO NO GO AWAY PLEASE." i screamed, unable to move from the bed in the nurses office.

"no matter where you go, i will always come back."

"Why do you keep trying to leave me?!" the shadow that has now formed spoke, barely audible.

"GET AWAY FROM ME NO...no no... PLEASE JUST LEAVE." I shouted, the tears making my voice shake even more.

"dont you trust me, ____/•?(".?? we were so close, werent we?"

"your not real. your not real.." i closed my eyes and kept repeating it.

the lights were flickering. the room went completely silent. then, the door slammed opened

"dont trust— dont trust him??" i quietly muttered to myself.

"Hey are you alright?" I heard a familiar voice speak.

"Sal..?" i whisper, turning my head to look at the boy.

"Im here..What happened to you?" Sal questions, sitting on the bed next to me.

"do you see that figure in the corner?"

"nothings there Y/n." he replies, stroking my head.

"but—"

"You're alright Y/n. You're safe." Sal tells me.

"with me"