They reached the doors and as they walked out the cold air breezed against Alex's face and she knew she wasn't ready to leave stiles. It was stupid, she knew nothing would change and they would see each other in a few months for thanksgiving, not to the mention the fact they were engaged. She had every bit of trust that their relationship would suffice long distance.

Alex just hated the idea of being away from him for so long. For the last few years she was with him the majority of the time, and now it's all changing. They are all finally leaving beacon hills.

"Text me as soon as you get to the motel and then when you get home" stiles told Alex

"Can I call you tonight?" She asked

"It's dumb but I find it easier to fall asleep to your voice"

"Is that even a question? you can call me every night if you need to" he smiled

Alex sighed "alright if I don't go now I never will"

"I'll call you tonight. I love you"

And for one last time, stiles kissed his fiancé for as long as he could before letting her go. He was putting on a brave face for her and reassuring her but really he wasn't sure what a day was if it wasn't with her. He didn't know how to start his mornings without her and how to finish his nights. It was always the 2 of them no matter what.

The kiss finally ending, Alex took the keys from stiles Hand. As she did she caught a glimpse of her ring and for some odd reason it reassured her that things would be okay. They would make it though this because if their relationship has survived werewolves, kanimas, Darachs, evil spirits, Deadpool's, dread doctors and the wild hunt then it would survive long distance.

She walked over the car and looked back for once last time before getting in. She seen the tears stiles tried to mask, not being able to watch his face sadden she opened the car door and
Got in.

Slamming it shut she looked in the mirror and seen stiles had disappeared in a crowd, as she knew he couldn't see her she let the tears she'd been holding fall as she already missed him.

Stiles watched as she got into the car, knowing this was their goodbye over he walked back into the building. As he walked towards his room empty handed he felt the tears glisten in his eyes as he already missed her more then he could imagine. He reached his dorm and noticed the new arrival that would be taking the bed beside him.

"Oh hey" he greeted

The guy turned and smiled at his new roommate "hey I'm Joshua" he held his hand out

Stiles took his hand "I'm stiles"

"Saying your goodbyes?" He asked

"Yeah" stiles nodded "you?"

"Yeah. My mom almost didn't leave" he joked

"Where you from?" Stiles asked

"Long Beach. You?" He asked

"Beacon hills."

Joshua's brows furrowed "huh? Doesn't ring a bell"

Stiles nodded "yeah it's pretty small town. nothing interesting every happens there.

______