𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 45 - 𝘕𝘰 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘶𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘯

Start from the beginning

"We've heard so much about you," Kate spoke quickly while trying to stick out her hand in greeting. Lily bit back a smile at the overenthusiastic display as it reminded her of their first meeting. A quick glance around told her she wasn't the only one in their traveling party that thought so. Well, most of them were amused.

Eleazar pulled her hand back down faster than a blink of an eye. "Welcome to the family. Bienvenida." Eleazar smiled politely at the human then shot Kate a pointed look as she pouted slightly.

"Thank you." Bella gave an awkward laugh but seemed to freeze slightly as her eyes fell on Irina. It was clear that the taller blonde vampire was not happy.

"Irina," Tanya spoke from her place beside Carlisle, her voice sharper than usual when addressing her sisters. The command was clear in her voice. She had been worried about how her sister would react and how it would reflect on the coven.

"Come meet Bella," Carmen spoke quickly trying to keep the peace between the two girls.

It seemed that everyone had been ignorant to Irina's increasing discomfort. Irina's eyes flickered between Bella and Edward. It was clear that she was trying to let go of her resentment, but was failing. "They killed Laurent."

To be honest, Lily had forgotten about that. It had been made clear over time that Laurent was not Irina's mate, but she guessed they were trying to build something.

"He tried to kill Bella." Edward shot back.

"I don't believe that." Irina huffed. "He wanted to be like us. To live in peace with humans. With me."

Kate rolled her eyes. She knew her sister didn't truly believe that anymore. She was probably just mad that the shifters, who they considered lesser, had been the ones to kill him.

"I'm sorry," Edward responded sarcastically.

Irina rolled her eyes and stalked off. Bree was quick to follow her.

"Irina!" Carmen called after the girl.

Lily took the time to glance over at Tanya and it was clear she was pissed.

"Well." Eleazar's hands clapped together, "Let's not monopolize the bride anymore today. Congratulations."

"Thank you." Bella gave a tense smile as the rest of the Denalis excused themselves.

"Sorry." Tanya's disapproval was clearly audible as she addressed the entire Cullen coven before following them out. She prided herself on her coven's behavior and this was a poor display.

Lily and Rosalie, not sure if they should join their family or follow the Denali just continued to stand where they were.

"Well, what's a wedding without some family drama?" Edward joked, causing some of the Cullens to chuckle as Rosalie rolled her eyes, but moved to stand next to Emmett who was still giving her cold looks.

"Yeah." Bella didn't sound all too convinced.

____________________________________________

Emmett, you've been fooled.

Emmett approached her quicker than she expected. They had barely been back at the house a couple of minutes before he asked if she wanted to go on a hunt.

It was clear she couldn't say no. She knew exactly what he wanted to discuss.

Emmett, to his credit, was trying to keep calm. There hadn't been a doubt in his mind that Rose and Lily would be back together on their return. That certainly didn't seem like the case today. He just couldn't understand them. They were still painfully in love with each other, and Rosalie had let that slip away. To add more flame to the fire, Kate had purposely made such a physical display of their newfound closeness. Kate and Lily were so similar, but he didn't see how it could work out in the end. It made no sense. It also made too much sense. That hurt.