𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 45 - 𝘕𝘰 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘶𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘯

Start from the beginning

And to be honest, there was a certain prideful part of her that glowed with the idea that someone would pick her family when they clearly had other options, and in one case, stronger connections.

She enjoyed the life she had built for herself and her sisters. Their coven was strong.

She gained control of herself as they approached the clearing, burying her thoughts and feelings deep inside her. There had been some anxiety among certain members of the Cullens regarding this meeting. Tanya thought it was ridiculous, but she humored their unfounded concerns.

She even managed to keep her air of indifference as Lily rushed past her and launched herself into Emmett's open arms. The two joyful laughs bridge the gaps between them. She was surprised Rosalie did not immediately intervene but instead stayed by Irina and Bree. Tanya ignored the scene playing out as she approached Carlisle, the rest of the coven staying on their respective sides.

"Carlisle."

"Tanya. Lovely to see you." Carlisle always had a harder time sticking to formalities when interacting with other vampires, but there were rules to follow.

As their hands joined, Tanya could barely make out Carlisle's words, his eyes swimming with unguarded emotions, "I can't thank you enough. I don't know... Thank you for keeping them safe."

It was clear as Tanya followed his gaze to Lily that there was significantly more to the story than she was made aware of. She found herself not wanting to know. Ignorance had the ability to save.

As the two leaders addressed each other, Kate waited until Emmett put Lily down, grabbed one of her arms, and started dragging her back to their side. Yes, she wanted Lily to follow proper etiquette, but she also wanted the reassurance of Lily standing firmly by her side. She could feel several of the Cullens' eyes on her. Their looks only intensified as Lily only laughed at her actions and didn't bother to protest. She decided to play up to the audience a bit and threw her arms around the other vampire's shoulders and pulled her close.

Rosalie barely even rolled her eyes at the other girl's antics. She knew exactly what Kate was trying to do and a part of her was interested to go along with it. She even tried to dive into her memory to pull out her own prior jealousy regarding the two. She wasn't going to miss an opportunity to fuck with Edward. She still kind of hated him.

Emmett's eyes flickered between Rosalie, Kate, and Lily trying to make out what he was seeing. He was not the only one. Edward even had the audacity to look at Rosalie with pitying eyes. Her anger flared in her briefly. If it wasn't for him and his inability to stay away from his human, they wouldn't be here. That was her truth.

As the two coven leaders stepped away from each other, they nodded to their respective coven signifying that they were free to interact.

While Tanya had followed protocol and only addressed Carlisle, Carmen was the first to step forward to address the soon-to-be-wed couple.

"Bella. Congratulations, Edward." Carmen's voice was warmer than Lily had gotten used to.

"Thank you." Edward gestured to his side slightly, "This is Bella."

Bella gave a smile, if not a slightly pained smile, at the two. "Eleazar and Carmen, right?"

"Mmm-hmm. Hola." Carmen appeared pleased that Bella already knew about them.

"Yes, and these are our cousins from Alaska. Tanya, Kate, and..." Edward gestured to the three blondes as he talked, but was cut off as Kate rushed forward, slinking from her spot beside Lily and Rosalie.