38. We Almost Made It.

Start from the beginning

Phase three. Eddie's distraction. Master of Puppets.

"I hope it works," Franny told Lucas as she turned off the flashlight and walked to Max, and sat right next to her. Franny was biting her nails as Lucas was flashing the flashlight.

The floorboards creaked. Franny and Lucas looked to see who it was.

Jason.

He had a gun in his hand. Franny stood up and rushed to Lucas. "Jason you can't be here right now, man," Lucas spoke. "The hell have you done?" Jason asked looking at Max then looking at the couple. "Jason, you need to leave. Right now. It's not safe." Franny spoke to him.

"Is this what you did to Chrissy?" Jason asked stepping closer to Max. "Hey! Hey, can you hear me?"

"Don't touch her," Lucas spoke. "Jason! Please!" Lucas and Franny stepped closer to Jason who pulled the gun out on them. "Back up! Back up!" Lucas grunted as he ran to Jason. Lucas had tried to attempt to prevent him from firing, but it only made it worse.

A flash and a horrendous noise tore through the right of her stomach. She placed her hands on her stomach, Franny looked at her hands which were bloody. Jason started at her with the gun in his hands in guilt. She didn't hear what he had done all she knew was that it was blood. He had pulled the trigger on her by accident. But to Franny and Lucas, it didn't seem like an accident.

Lucas looked at Jason who now had wide eyes. He didn't know what to do there and then with Franny she fell to her knees on the floorboard and winced. Lucas fell to his knees and rushed to Franny. "What did you do?" He yelled out to Jason who looked at him blankly. "I'm sorry. It was an accident. I didn't—" Franny winced as she started to sob in Lucas' arms.

Franny realized what Jason had done. It was her blood and her cries. She started to scream as she looked back at her bloody hands. Lucas got up as Jason fired another shot at him. Lucas had dodged the shot as he plowed toward Jason. Franny had just kept sobbing on the ground next to Max.

Jason had shot her. Franny's breathing was heavy. She gulped as Jason punched Lucas and throws him to the floor. Jason steps on Max's headphones. "No!" Franny yelled and winced.

Jason kicks Lucas but missed as Lucas managed to get to his feet. Jason managed to get in a few more punches before throwing him back to the floor as Max was still in her trance.

Lucas pushed Jason back which sends him stumbling away. Lucas elbows Jason in the gut and then lands a punch in Jason's face. While Jason's turned away Jason grabbed a glass vase and then smashes it against Lucas' head. Lucas holds out his hand as Jason looms over him. Franny watched as Jason chokes Lucas. She couldn't do anything, she was shot.

She was still lucky to be alive. All she could do was crawl. She crawled closer to Max. Franny got onto her elbows as she watched Max lift up into the air. "Max!" She yelled. She screamed seeing Max's body lift and her bones break. She watched in terror.

"No!" She cried. Lucas had managed to shove Jason's head in the window and throw a few punches at him knocking him out. "Max!" Lucas called out as Franny cried loudly.

Max falls into Lucas's arms, catching her. Lucas had rushed back to Franny holding her as she cried. "You're gonna be okay, Franny. I promise. We'll get you to the hospital with Max, I promise." Lucas cried out to her.