28. Satan's Baby

‧₊ ·˚ ༘❁ ┊ep 7

‧₊ ·˚ ༘❁ ┊ep 7. the bite. ▬▬▬▬▬▬
꒰ ✎ ꒱ؘ STARGIRL, a stranger things fanfiction

Franny brought El to the couch where Max was. El sniffed and still had teary eyes.

"Billy. He said he was building something." Eleven started, "That it was all for me..." She trailed off. Lucas paced back and forth as Franny watched him.

"Building something...." Max started, "...Is he talking about the flayed?" She looked to Mike. "He must be," Nancy added.

"So, he's building an army, just like we thought." Lucas started not looking at anyone as he still paced. "Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread," Mike interjected. "He's building it to stop El," Franny added as Mike nodded.

"Last year, El closed the gate on him," Mike stated. "That must've got him pissed," Franny replied. "Like, royally." Lucas chimed in. "And the Mind Flayers now knows that she's the only thing that can stop him." Mike declared.

"But if she's out of the way-" Mike was cut off, "Game over." By Lucas. El sighed. "He also said, he was gonna kill all of you." El looked to Franny and Max. Everyone's eyes went wide as they shifted their positions.

"Yeah, well, that's nice." Max scoffed. Outside they could all hear faint screeching noises. Nancy's eyes shift up as she walks near a window. "Do you guys hear that?" She whispered as everyone looked around.

Nancy shuddered as Franny walked up next to her. Looking out the window Jonathan interjected. "It's just the fireworks."

"Billy..." Nancy turned to El. "When he told you this, it was here, in this room?" Eleven nodded her eyes shifted to Jonathan than to the door. Franny looked to the roof to hear thuds.

The others glance around the cabin uneasy. Will puts his hand on his neck where he got goosebumps. He shuttered, "He knows we're here." Will told them.

They all filed outside and walk around a dark path as fireworks exploded in the distance. The trees were rustling as the Mind Flayer stepped into their view.

"Get inside." Nancy turned back to them. They all rushed inside and grabbed furniture to cover the windows. Franny and Will placed the bookshelf on the window as Lucas shuts Eleven's door.

Nancy and Jonathan used the sofa to cover the door. "Hey, get away from the windows," Nancy told them as they all rushed to the two. They all stood in a circle, their backs touching.

They all looked around the room tensely. Dishes were shaking in the drying rack. "It's close," Will muttered. More furniture and dishes move as glass breaks. Franny sees trees moving from a window. The rustling stops.