Part 2

I went back home and immediately was put in a bath, my hair was tied so that I would have curled the next day. I got dressed in my nightgown and got into bed, only I couldn't sleep. I had so much fun how could I possibly go to sleep now? I stood up from by bed and walked to with window looking outside it, smiling at the thought of Spot still being at the doc. Perhaps I would be allowed to walk around Brooklyn again tomorrow after breakfast. That thought would soon pass when I woke the next morning with a list of wifely lessons that I had to do. This included learning the proper way to serve tea, knitting and sewing, cleaning, and cooking, and of course learning how to take care of a child. By the end of the day I was beyond tired.

The rest of the weak would be like this. I would do some wifely training then be too exhausted to go out anywhere. As soon as my head touched the comfort of my pillow I immediately fell asleep. The next morning nobody was home except for a few maids and Elenore who was told to keep and eye on me. Again she dressed me in a really tight corset and dress. I felt like I could barely breathe.

"We are to go shopping today as your mother and father requested." She said grabbing a basket from the kitchen. "We must shop for the lovely party your parents are planning."

"Where are my parents?" I asked.

"I do believe they went out to have tea the mayor and his wife."

"Why?"

"A young lady shouldn't get into other peoples business. Now lets go."

We were out shopping and Elenore handed me a basket and some money. "Go grab some of your favorite fruits and vegetables. You have earned it after the busy week that you have had." I smiled and took the basket and money and walked around filling the basket up with things we may need.

" I smiled and took the basket and money and walked around filling the basket up with things we may need

As I was paying for the items in my basket I felt something tap my shoulder. A cain. I smiled turning around. "Haven't been seeing yous lately. I's thought yous mighta forgotten about me." He said with a smile and putting the cain back in its proper place in his belt loop next to his slingshot. "My apologies, I have been at home learning to perform proper wifely duty." He gave me a bemused look pursing his lips and crossing his arms. "Like taking care of babies, cooking, and such?" I nodded my head. "Yous rich people are a different kind. So what yous doing out this hot day?"

"Shopping, I think it's for a party that my parents will be hosting. If I ask maybe you could come." He shook his head. "Why not?"

"It wouldn't be right for me. I's wouldn't fit in. Now that I's got yous hows about wes go and have some fun. Run around. It's a hot day maybe I can gets yous and ice-cream." I smiled and nodded. He took my hand and we began running for a while. My corset was to tight and it was getting hard to catch my breath. "Wait. Spot please." We stopped and I tried harder to catch my breath. "Yous doin alright?" I nodded my head. "Yes, it's just this corset. I can't breathe with it on. Elenore said it's supposed to be tied this way. That I have to get used to it for the party sense there will be."