Chapter 38: Graduate

Start from the beginning

"Hey Minjeong! I guess you made it?"

"Yes! And what about you?"

"I managed to do it but with rather poor results but without you, wouldn't have achieved it. Thank you Minjeong..."

"Congratulations Jae and don't thank me, if you hadn't worked hard you wouldn't have succeeded!"

"Minjeong, I wanted to tal-" my phone rang and cut off what Jaemin was going to say, it was Jimin calling me. "Go ahead, we'll meet at graduation!"

"Okay see ya!... Hey babe!"

"When were you going to tell me you passed? Sungchan has already had Somi's call, Yizhuo has had Aeri's call and me, I was waiting." God, she's mad.

"Sorry babe, I was going to call you and mom but I met some friends! Don't be mad, I love you..." I heard her sighing on the phone.

"You know I can't be mad at you. Anyway, congratulations Jagiya! I'm very proud of you, what do you say if we go to the restaurant tonight to celebrate all this? I'll invite your mom and my parents too."

"That would be great!"

"Perfect, I have to go back to work, but I'll pick you up and your mom too tonight at 7 pm, okay?"

"Yes, see you tonight love! Love you!"

"Love you too!"

Jimin's POV

I'm about to join Minjeong at graduation. Last night, we had dinner in a restaurant with her mother and my parents. Minjeong was lovely as always, my parents gave her a bouquet of flowers and a Givenchy bracelet. Her mother gave her a ring, she had saved up to offer her when her daughter was going to graduate even though Minjeong didn't want her mother to spend money. While I bought her a big teddy bear because she wanted it for a long time. I didn't just offer her that, but also a necklace where two rings were hung together with our names engraved on them. I thought it was time I gave her something concrete instead of the necklace we bought at a stand in the amusement park.

I took my long black jacket from the coat rack and sent a message to Minjeong to let her know that I was on my way. Sungchan and Yizhuo were already there with their girlfriends, I had to go with them, but I had some urgent cases to deal with. I almost forgot to take the tiny bouquet of flowers that was on my desk, I wasn't going to go empty-handed on one of Minjeong's most important days. I put on some perfume before leaving the office and locked the door. I walked down the hall and greeted the different employees.

I walked towards my car that was parked in the company's parking lot, I was about to open the door when something caught my attention. A piece of wiped paper was between the wiper and the windshield. On the paper, there were a few scrawled words as if the person had rushed to write it. It said, "Don't take your car.", I don't know why, but I followed what it said. Something was not right, you know there are times when you feel something you can't explain and that was the case at that time. I called the reception desk and asked them to send me a car driver immediately because we always have one in case our clients don't have the capacity to go home. In the meantime, I called a friend who worked in the automotive industry, he probably could help me. "Hi Freddy, it's Jimin! I would need your help, could you send one of your employees to check out my car? Great, thanks a lot Fred, next time I'll treat you a coffee! Bye!"

"Hello boss! Where am I taking you?"

"To my girlfriend's university, I'll tell you the way."

During the whole trip, I kept wondering who wrote that note and why she wanted to help me. Or was it just a joke and this person wanted me to waste time? I'll wait to see what Fred tells me and I'll think about it at the agreed time, now I was only thinking about Minjeong, I was excited to see her on the podium taking her diploma. I'm going to warm my voice because I'm going to shout her name even if I have to shame myself.

After being stuck in traffic jams for over an hour, I had finally arrived and fortunately I had gotten ahead or I would definitely be late for the ceremony. I quickly found Sungchan, Yizhuo, Aeri's parents, Somi's parents and Minjeong's mother sitting in front of the podium. I had asked Sungchan to keep me a place at the front of it because I wanted to see my girlfriend when she was passing by.

"Why did you take so long?" Sungchan whispered to me because the ceremony was about to start.

"I encountered some trouble, I'll tell you about it later." Sungchan nodded and he knew it wasn't the kind of problem we faced every day.

"Dear parents, friends and students. Today is a great day for our students..." Let's go for the speech that I knew I was only going to listen halfway until I heard my lover's name. "Kim Minjeong!"

"KIM MINJEONG! YOU'RE SO BEAUTIFUL! SARANGHAE!" Minjeong was climbing the few steps and started to blush when she saw me and heard me screaming. Minjeong was glowing, she was wearing her black university robe with a headwear and heels that I bought her a few weeks ago.

"Whipped..." Yizhuo and Sungchan said at the same time. After Minjeong took her graduate and posed for the picture, I applauded and whistled until it was another student's turn. When Somi and Aeri came by, the two idiots next to me started shouting their girlfriends' names, they were worse than me.

I was standing with Sungchan and Yizhuo while the adults were talking to each other. The three of us were having a glass of juice when we saw our three perfect creatures. Aeri, Minjeong and Somi jumped into their parents' arms and they had tears in their eyes. I could see in them the proud and happiness, it was absolutely splendid.

"Baby!" Somi said and jumped on Sungchan's back.

"Yaaaah baby, you're heavy!" Somi kicked him on my cousin's shoulder, he is dead. "Hehe I'm kidding baby! Anyway, congratulations again! I'm so proud of you!" and they kissed.

"Love!" Aeri said and hugged Yizhuo.

"Congratulations love! You were fantastic with your short speech, I'll buy you a bucket of chickens!" and they kissed.

"Oppa!" finally the voice I've been waiting for for hours.

"Jagiya! Congratulations, I'm so proud of you. You worked so hard and you've never given up. Look at you, you're a strong and confident queen, my queen."

"I love you Daddy." she whispered near my ear.

"I love you too Mommy. I'm sorry, my parents couldn't come today, they are in business travel, but they told me to say to you that they are very proud of you and when they'll come back, we'll eat together in the mansion."

"Awww thank you Jimin. Your parents are so sweet! I'd love too!" I took her face and kissed her on her strawberry-flavored lips. Her scent invaded me and it relaxed me, it made me forget everything. We were interrupted by a call from my phone.

"Wait hon, my friend Fred calls me!"

"Okay, I'll go to Aeri and Somi!"

"I'll meet you in a few minutes." I walked away from the group and found a corner near a tree. "So, what's up?"

"Dude, the brake fluid supply cable has been cut in several places but also the ABS power supply cables..."

"How is that possible?"

"I can't give you an answer, but you know, cutting off a car's brake system is not for fun... Either it's an act of vandalism or someone wanted to hurt you."

"Fuck. Son of bitch..."

"Be careful next time. Maybe, you can check the security cameras?"

"Good idea! I'd check it later. Thank you for your help, see you next time!"

"Yeah, you owe me a coffee!"

"Don't worry! Thanks again! Bye"

It's probably not an act of vandalism, I'm sure someone was trying to hurt me. So there are two people I have to find, the one who wanted me to have an accident and the one who tried to warn me. I don't have any intention of telling Minjeong because I don't want her to worry, but I'm afraid they'll come after her. 'I'll do anything to protect you Minjeong, no one can hurt us.'