"He's very sweet. I'd like for you to meet him- actually."

Y/N stuffed the spaghetti in her mouth before she said anything else.

"Oh? Is there something between the two of you?" Her mother pushed her thick rimmed glasses higher up on the bridge of her nose and picked up another shirt. Y/N recognized it as one of her own.

"What if there was?"

Her mother dropped the shirt back in the laundry bin and stood up, walking over to her daughter who had a worried look on her face.

"Well, if there is- I'm happy for you." She paused before resuming, "I know your father leaving us was hard on you... and Y/N- I know that's why you've kept your guard up around people."

Y/N dropped her fork completely and looked up at her mother, she knew she was right. She pushed people away for the fear of them leaving. But there was something about Adrien. Something about him that made her feel safe.

His presence was all she needed to be reassured.

"-I would love to meet the boy who's helped you break down those walls."

Tears welled up in Y/N's eyes. She sniffled and wrapped her arms around her mother. It was a stupid thing to cry about because she knew her mom would be accepting of Adrien without even meeting him properly; but part of her didn't want to tell anyone for the fear of it becoming real.

Even though they had not made things official, or had not yet spoken of being exclusive, Y/N was vulnerable with him in ways she had never been before.

"Thank you." Y/N mumbled against her mothers shoulder. She hummed in response and stroked Y/N's hair.

"You know what I've noticed-?" Her mother pulled her back and held her face in her hand. She turned it to the left and to the right and pushed her glasses higher once again, "you don't have bags under your eyes anymore!"

Y/N touched the soft skin under her eyes. She was right.

"I've been so caught up in everything that I actually forgot about that..." She touched the skin under her other eye and smiled.

Her mother looked equally as happy as she was, "now finish your dinner."

༶•༶•༶

Y/N stepped out of the shower with a smile.

The feeling of being freshly shaved and moisturized was one of her favourite things.

She wrapped one towel around her body and one around her hair. She moved her hands from side to side against the towel in order to try and dry her hair.

She used the palm of her hand to wipe away the condensation on the mirror.

Her wet face stared back at her and she touched her eyes again. Then she moved her hand down to her lips, pressing two fingers against them. She remembered Adrien's lips against hers and immediately felt her face growing hot.

She thought about the trip to Milan and dropped her hand. How was she going to figure this out?

Lost in thought, she barely heard her phone ringing.

It was placed on the edge of her bed and she rushed towards it, slumping down on the soft mattress; ignoring the awkward feeling of the remaining water on her leg as it pressed against the sheets.

"Hello?"

"Hi!" Marinette's voice beamed through the phone. Y/N pulled it away from her ear briefly and smiled, "hi Marinette."

"You and Adrien seemed pretty cozy today-"

She cut right to the chase and Y/N stuttered, taken aback by the abruptness of her statement.

"Yeah- I have a lot to fill you in on."

Somewhere in the middle of explaining their whole situation, Alya got added to the call. Y/N left out tiny bits and parts for privacy reasons but filled her two new friends in on as much as she was able too.

Her main issue was what to do about Milan and so she voiced it to her friends, "I'm just not sure what to do. I mean- I'm worried about asking my mother but a part of me is also worried about moving to quickly."

Alya snorted, "girl you slept with him. I don't think you should be worried about moving too quickly."

Y/N laughed at that. She knew she was right but this was sort of different.

"-I get what you're saying though" Alya continued, "It is a big step- going to a different state with a boy who- you aren't in a relationship with yet?"

Marinette cut in, "wait I thought you guys were dating."

"No- we are just- I don't know." Y/N sighed and dropped her head onto her covered pillows. Her hair was starting to dry.

"So what did you say to him?" Alya curiously asked and Y/N bit her lip, gripping her phone tighter.

"I told him I'd think about it and he told me I could take the week."

"Boys are dumb." Marinette sighed and Alya scolded her, "it didn't look like you felt that way at Adrien's party."

Y/N grinned, "oh yeah what happened with that guy?"

Marinette inhaled sharply, "turned out to be a total loser. We went out and he made ME pay, I mean- come on!"

All three girls laughed and Y/N was starting to forget why she was even worried in the first place.

Well, she didn't even get a chance to fully forget when a soft knock came from her hatch leading to her balcony.