She steps out of the bathroom, leaving them to sit on the countertop.

Walking by the bedroom once more she notices Chris begin to stir. Opal heads for the kitchen knowing the oven should be going off very soon, wanting to surprise him with breakfast.

Well, lunch.

Okay, really dinner but let's face it they've slept through every meal of the day.

Looking around the kitchen she tries to find some type of tray before noticing it's actually sitting on the coffee table in the living room covered with books about the area. She plates the casserole, careful to not burn herself, and quickly makes coffee.

Some would say caffeine this late in the day would keep one awake. Opal's mindset is that they'll be up quite late tonight anyway so what could it possibly bother.

Opal fixes the tray, placing everything evenly so as not to be too heavy for her on one side. She tugs on her, oops, Chris' sweater, making sure she's covered, at least for now, before grabbing up the tray and padding towards the bedroom.

Nudging the door open with the tray she see's Chris start to sit up, his bare chest on full display, surprised to see her with a food laden tray. "Pretty sure I was dreaming," he says, swiping the sleep from his eyes.

"Oh, really?" Opal teases. "What about?"

"I dreamt that you were finally getting in my bed, under the covers with me."

She quirks her brow, setting the tray down in front of him on the bed. "And?" She pops a grape off the stem, passing it over his lips as she moves back towards her side of the bed.

He chews, contemplating whether or not to tell her, or show her. "You look fantastic in my sweater, by the way."

Opal climbs back into her spot, sitting up on her knees. "Better than the photo I never sent you, right?" she grabs up her mug, enjoying the warm liquid as it slips past her lips.

Chris watches her closely, his heart beating faster, the strong desire to take his bride for the first time becoming greater with every breath he watches her take. "Definitely worth the wait."

'Oh, just you wait a bit longer,' Opal thinks to herself. She pulls a forkful of casserole from the plate, blowing gently on it before passing it on to Chris. He accepts the bite before taking the fork from her.

"I'd rather you eat." Opal rolls her eyes at him, causing him to chuckle. "I had a quick bite before falling asleep. I know it's been almost twenty-four hours for you, Ope." He grabs up another bite and brings it up to her lips.

She decides to tease a bit, licking her lips before taking the bite, a small hum leaving her mouth as she closes her eyes. Chris chuckles at her, knowing full well what she's attempting to do.

"Woman," he laughs cautiously, "I swear-"

"Who are you calling woman, Sergeant?" She pops a bite of strawberry in her mouth. "I have a name you know."

One corner of Chris' mouth turns up, along with his brow. "That you do, Mrs. Evans."

He watches the absolute most precious visual sight come over her as she actually shivers and blushes at his use of her new name. It reminds him of how he felt the first time she called him Officer while he was at Magnolia for Jameson and Lily's wedding.

Chris encourages her to take another bite while he sips on his own coffee, watching her as she apologizes for falling asleep so easily, and wasting away an entire day. He reminds her that any time, in any form, spent with her is never a waste.

"So, what was the rest of your dream about?" she asks, leaning a little more into the pillow as she still rests on her knees.

Chris smiles, nervous laughter escaping his lips. "Are you blushing right now? Are you nervous, Sergeant?" her eyes dance teasingly as she pokes his chest with her finger.

He licks his lips, nodding ever so slightly. "The dream was a bit out of character for our situation, so I'm not real sure I want to share much more."

"Ooh! Now, I'm really intrigued." Opal lets her finger tips dance around his chest, now openly tracing along the tattoos she'd only seen for a few moments at a time.

Chris watches as her soft fingers play against his broad, toned chest, his breath hitching only momentarily before he sucks air against his teeth. "You, uh, you were in lingerie."

"Mhmm," she hums, leaning closer to him, her lips finding his jaw. "Go on." Her nails now lightly scratching against the other side of his neck.

He shakes his head side to side before swallowing, a funny grin beginning to find his face. "But, I wouldn't touch you."

Opal's movements stop as she pulls back completely, her face in shock as Chris drops his head into his hand, laughing uncontrollably. "You wouldn't what?" she squealed, sitting back completely, her hands resting in her lap.

"You, you," he continues to laugh, trying to pause long enough to actually spit out the words. "You were in Jaguar print lingerie and I wouldn't touch you," he finally manages to spit out, beginning to howl again.

Opal's face drops, not really amused by how funny he's finding this moment. She decides to take matters into her own hands to prove a point. "I can assure you, Sergeant," she pauses sliding to the edge of the bed, "I am not wearing any Jaguar lingerie." Adjusting the sweater just right she picks up the tray and leans over the dresser to set it down, giving Chris a view that will most certainly end in both of their favors.

Chris releases a groan from deep in his chest when he notices the sweater revealing her lack of panties. In one swift movement he grabs Opal around her waist, pulling her back onto the bed sending her into a squeal of laughter before he pins her down with his own weight.

"Say it again."

Chris' lips hover over hers while his hands hold her wrists over her head. He turns smug, smirking the way he knows drives her crazy. "I love you," he whispers before giving her what she wants, "Mrs. Evans."

She returns his smirk with one of her own. "Then show me, Sergeant."

*Unedited because I know it's been forever, and I'm sorry!