.18.

"Wait, what?"

  Chris smiles down at his bride, her eyes full of surprise. "I said, we have a flight to catch, sweetheart."

  Opal's eyes are wide as she shakes her head no. "We have a house full of people. And, we open in like two weeks or less with actual paying guests. We can't go anywhere!" 

  This is just one of the things that made him fall in love with her. He watches her freak out over the announcement of a honeymoon. Her stubbornness with a mix of panic reminds him of their early days together, making him even more excited that she is now his wife and this is his forever.

  The true start to everything he's dreamed of with Opal.

  Chris gives her a few moments, watching as she begins pacing around the back porch of The Paper Ring, still surrounded by their friends and family. "You're insane!" she cries out, trying to decide whether to cry in frustration or laugh at the unexpected joy on his face.

  He continues to let her have a moment, starting to worry whether or not this is something he should've pushed off to the side for now and planned a honeymoon later once the business was established. 

  "I don't even have a bag packed! And everyone is here. I mean, we would be absolutely horrible hosts if we left!"

  Lisa steps up a little closer towards Opal just as she turns around to start her rant in a new direction. "Sweetie," she reaches her hand out for Opal to take. "There is nothing, at all, that you could do today to make us upset, or be a bad host." Lisa's eyes become misty for probably the tenth time tonight. She swallows the lump in her throat. "Today, I gained a daughter."

  Opal blows out a big breath of air at Lisa's admission. Her eyes flit around to their friends, all newly united in another way with tonight's recent commitment. Each of them letting her know that they are in agreeance with Lisa. 

  Laura takes it one step further as she moves around towards the back door, opening it she pulls a suitcase out from the side of the kitchen that had been strategically covered by a blanket earlier in the day. "You really are lacking in the excuse department today, Ope," she tells her, tossing a wink as she rolls the bag closer to Chris. 

  Opal, still in disbelief, turns back to Chris, ringing her hands together. "Really?" she asks, almost pleading for him to remind her that this is in fact real life, as if the white dress and wedding band resting on her finger weren't enough. 

  His grin grows wider with each sparkle that flashes from her eyes. Taking a couple steps closer to her, he takes her hand in his own, bringing it to rest over his heart. She realizes what he's doing. She sighs, moves her hand away from his suit before resting her cheek against his chest. She closes her eyes for a mere moment, remembering how she would do this after Pops passed. The steady beat of his heart offering comfort. Today, it not only offers the same comfort, but an incredible amount of reassurance that she needs. 

  Taking a couple of moments to let her anxious heart calm down she relishes in the hold that Chris has around her. Finally, she lifts her head, her eyes shining up at her husband. "Okay," she finally concedes. He gives her a smirk and a wink before kissing the top of her head. 

  The girls take her by the hand, leading her inside to help her change. "We need to leave in fifteen minutes, Ope."

  "She'll be down in ten!" Rae calls out over her shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~

Opal POV

  "I'm just surprised you chose for us to fly out tonight. That's all I'm saying," I say once again about two hours into our flight. 

  "Trust me," he begins, his eyes dancing around my body, "I'm regretting it immensely."

  I can't help but bite my bottom lip at the way he's looking at me. I only thought the sexual tension was rough when we were dating, but now that we're married and didn't give ourselves even the slightest bit of time to 'play,' that tension feels much stronger. 

  "I tried to convince you to make a pit stop at the apartment."

  He laughs quietly, shaking his head. He squeezes my hand that has been resting in his since take off. "Believe me, love. I'm gonna need way more than ten minutes for our first go round," he whispers against my ear.  

  I feel the heat rising along the back of my neck at his promise. But, I also know that if we keep up this tension, I'm pretty sure we'll only need about five minutes at most when the time comes. 

  "So, requesting that you meet me in the bathroom won't work then?" I tease instead of feeding both of our desires with words. 

  Chris simply shakes his head again, looking right at me, "No."

  The flight attendant comes by, asking if there's anything we need as it appears we're the only ones not trying to sleep at this point. 

  "Could I get a blanket, actually?" I ask. 

  "Sure thing. Pillow as well?"

  "No, just the blanket, thanks. I have my own pillow," I mention, pointing to Chris' chest. 

  The attendant walks away, leaving Chris to chuckle at me. "I know what you think you're doing, Ope."

  "I don't know what you're talking about," I reach up, grabbing the blanket from the woman, fanning it out over the both of us, "Sergeant." 

  It's his turn to pull his lip between his teeth as he looks from me, out into the darkened cabin and back again. I can tell he's debating something. 

  I only hope I'm the winner.

  He uses one hand to push the button on the seat, his reclining immediately. He pushes up the arm rest between the two of us before reaching over to move my seat this time. My breath catches slightly, which he notices and smirks. 

  Here I am, thinking I've won and I'm about to finally have some sort of intimate touches with him.

  That is until both of his hands come out from under the blanket and he turns me slightly so I'm leaning against him. I look back at him, a pout over my lip. "I seem to recall on one of our road trips you saying that you wanted to experience sex in a public place?"

  "Go to sleep, Opal."

  "That's not what I want, Evans," I whisper. 

  "I know exactly what you want," he teases over my ear. "But I'm not about to give it to you in a tin can full of other people. So close your eyes, and wait a little longer."

*As will all of you ;)