29. First Recording

Finn POV

I watched as Y/n walked in. Millie squealed and told her how hot she looked. The new hairstyle made her even prettier. She spoke with another girl. Then Sadie went up and whispered something to her. I watched as her face changed from neutral to confused. Then her gaze met mine. I smiled and waved a bit hoping she would walk over.

She smiled and walked to me. "You look nice" I said teasingly. She bit her lip and blushed. I grinned. "Thanks you too" she said shyly. I smirked. "I didn't see you this morning" She said. Her innocent manner had somehow made that seem less flirty. "uh yeah I went with Caleb" I replied awkwardly. She smiled.

"So want to get coffee or something together? I mean after the shoot" I asked nervously. "Sure! Who else we'll be there" She asked with a cute smile. "Oh uh well I was kinda hoping it would be just the two of us, but you can invite someone if you want" I said quickly. She opened her mouth to reply but the director interrupted us. "Y/n, Millie, Noah and Elodie we need you on set" He said. 

Y/n turned back around to face me. "Uh sorry I got to go but we can talk about it later" She said sheepishly and walked next to Noah. I frowned as Noah and Y/n spoke to each other. "Uh dude what are you doing?" Caleb asked. I turned around. "I asked Y/n on a date but I don't think she knew" I replied blankly. He smiled. "Okay tell me everything" Caleb said and we sat down.

Y/n POV

I walked anxiously next to Noah. "Nervous?" He asked me. I nodded. "Yeah a little" I said sheepishly. He smiled. "You can do this Y/n, plus you somehow managed to get on Stranger Things without any experience before hand" He commented. I smiled. "Thank you Noah" I said as I smiled. He nodded.

We were the first people to arrive at the shooting area. I was supposed to be the new kid who joined the school. I was right behind the door listening and waiting to walk in. "We have a new student joining our class. Michelle." The teacher said warmly. I opened the door and looked around. 

I gave a short smile to everyone. I almost laughed when the camera was taken off me. "Michelle dear please take a seat next to Will" She said and smiled. I nodded. "Sure, who is that sorry?" I said. Noah put his hand up. "Thanks" I whispered as I got into the seat next to him. "So..I'm Michelle" I said and smiled.

"Will" He said shortly and looked away. "oh okay" I said and smiled. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder. "You're new here?" Elodie or Angela asked. I nodded. "Michelle" I said and went to shake her hand. She smiled. "You're pretty, you should hang out with me and my friends. We're like the popular kids. Unlike some people" She said and snickered as she turned to look at Millie or Jane.

Jane looked over as if she hadn't heard a thing. She smiled and waved at us. I waved back at her. Angela and her friends laughed softly as the teacher went on with the lesson. I frowned slightly before turning to the board. Will looked at me from the side. Gosh I hoped they couldn't see how I was nervously shaking. 

"Cut!" Someone from the back called out. I sighed of relief. We didn't need to redo this. Which means I did a good job hopefully. Noah sighed. "you did really well Elodie, have you acted before?" I asked curiously. She nodded. "A few other shows and movies but I got a feeling this will be the best one so far" She said excitedly.

I nodded enthusiastically. "So how was your first scene?" Millie asked. "fun actually. I like pretending to be someone else" I answered truthfully. She nodded. "Yeah but you were a pro at this" She said and nudged me softly. I smiled. "You too! Not that I need to tell you of course" I said and smiled.

"what do you have planned?" She asked with her British accent. "Well Finn wanted to get coffee. He said he wanted to hang out just the two of us. But he said if I wanted to bring others that would be totally fine" I recited what I had remembered from the brief conversation. Millie gasped. "Y/n don't you know what this means?" She said excitedly. 

I shook my head repeatedly. "Oh Y/n he probably meant it as a date" She said and patted my shoulder. "What?" I said. I shook my head. "I heard him say it. Also why would he let me invite others then?" I said. She sighed.

"He wanted to go on a date but didn't want to pressure you. Trust me I know Finn" She said and shook my shoulders. I shook my head. I refused to believe it. When we drove back I thought about our conversation. The way he spoke nervously. 

I walked over to Finn. "Hey Finn we could go get that coffee if you're not busy right now" I said and smiled. His eyes lit up as he realized I was back. "Oh great uh did you invite someone?" He asked and looked around to see if someone was behind me. "No I thought it would be nicer if it was just the two of us" I replied.

He smiled. "Great lets go?" He asked. I nodded and followed him. I placed my hand in his as we walked through the street. He didn't say anything but held my hand back. I smiled as we walked through the dim streets.