𝑆𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑟𝑒𝑢𝑛𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟

Magsimula sa umpisa

Great. Their kidnapper is delusional too.

"What did he call you?" The girl asked.

"I'll explain later." Percy simply said.

"You do have a plan, right Percy? Because believe it or not we are at a high chance of being human trafficked in a few minutes." Penelope rapidly whispered, panic dripping in her voice.

He continued to look below the cliff, as if he was contemplating jumping off.

Penelope had two options. Pray to whatever was up above that she could transform at will, hope the others don't freak out, and a possibility of ruining her mom's dress or, Jumping off a cliff.

She might pick the cliff.

As if he was reading Percy's mind, Dr. Thorn spoke. "I would kill you before you ever reached the water." He seemed to pause, taking in Percy's expression. "You do not realize who I am, do you?" He asked him.

A flicker of movement from behind him, and another missile whistled so close that it nicked Percy's ear. Something had sprung up behind Dr. Thorn— like a catapult, but more flexible... almost like a tail.

"Unfortunately," Thorn said. "You are wanted alive, if possible. Otherwise, you would already be dead."

"Who wants us?" The girl demanded. "Because if you think you'll get ransom, you're wrong. We don't have any family. Nico and I. . ." Her voice broke a little. "We've got no one but each other."

"Aww." Dr. Thorn taunted. "Do not worry, little brats. You will be meeting my employer soon enough. Then you will have a brand-new family."

"Luke," Percy said. "You work for Luke."

Dr. Thorn must've not liked this Luke person, because the moment Percy said his name, Thorn's mouth twisted in distaste. "You have no idea what is happening, Perseus Jackson. I will let the General enlighten you. You are going to do him a great service tonight. He is looking forward to meeting you."

"The General?" Penelope asked. "Who's the General?"

Thorn looked toward the horizon. "Ah, here we are. Your transportation."

They turned and saw a light in the distance, a searchlight over the sea. Penelope winced as her ears began to irritate from the loud chopping of the helicopter blades as they got closer.

"Where are you taking us." The boy asked.

"You should be honored, my boy. You will have the opportunity to join a great army. Just like that silly game you play with cards and dolls."

"They're not dolls! They're figurines! And you can take your great army and—"

"Now, Now," Dr. Thorn warned. "You will change your mind about joining us, my boy. And if you do not, well. . . there are other uses for half-bloods. We have monstrous mouths to feed. The Great Stirring is underway."

"The Great what?" Penelope mumbled at the same time Percy questioned Thorn.

"The Stirring of monsters." Dr. Thorn smiled evilly. "The worst of them, the most powerful, are now waking. Monsters that have not been seen in thousands of years. They will cause death and destruction the likes of which mortals have never known. And soon we shall have the most important monster of all—the one that shall bring about the downfall of Olympus!"

Penelope stared at him in shock. "Okay." She whispered. "He's completely off the bender."

"We have to jump off the cliff," Percy whispered to them. "Into the sea."