𝑆𝑢𝑑𝑑𝑒𝑛𝑙𝑦 𝐺𝑟𝑒𝑒𝑘 𝑔𝑜𝑑𝑠 𝑒𝑥𝑖𝑠𝑡

Military school.

  That's where Penelope Lowell's mom decided to send her. After multiple complaints about her anger from previous schools, Cecelia Lowell thought it would help if she was taught a sort of control.

  Penelope didn't mind. She did at first when she thought she wouldn't be able to turn once a month but then she found out Westover Hall was built near a forest. Her mom still had no clue about the family curse. Grandma Isa thought it was best for her not to know.

  Now it was close to winter break and Penelope would be able to transform in the comfort of her nearby forest at home but her school decided to throw a dance and her mom couldn't pick her up, so to the dance she went.

   Her mom had sent her a camisole dress that she once wore to a dance. Penelope didn't want to deny her and say no one was going to be so dressed up but from the way she showed her the dress her mom really wanted her to wear it, so she did. Penelope didn't want to feel like she was too overdressed so she wore her grandpa's military jacket and her favorite pair of boots along with it.

The continuation of Penelope not making friends every new school went on. She didn't mind if she was being frank. She did miss Percy but now Penelope thought it was safer not having any friends. She still had triggers for certain things and anger is the easiest way that could get her to turn unwillingly.

Sometimes the instincts kick in when she didn't want them to.

  She did talk to Grover Underwood occasionally. They had met when Grover was transferred two months in, he had introduced himself to her in the cafeteria. He always seemed a little nervous around her, she didn't know what it was. He was a little strange sometimes, like how he would sniff the air out of nowhere, and when he would notice her watching he would act like he never did, or how he smelled like a farm animal but Penelope guessed that he lived in a farm, plus it never bothered her.

Penelope hoped that he was attending the school dance because she did not want to be one of the wallflowers. (which would most likely happen.)

  On her way to the Gym, Penelope passed by the Vice Principle, Dr. Thorn. He always gave her the creeps. Anytime he would look at her, he would have a strange gleam in his eye that made the hair at the back of her neck stand on its end. He also smelled strange, it brought a sort of shiver to her body whenever he was close, like a predator to its prey, it would always leave her with the chills, plus it stunk. She even tried to help him out and give him a sample perfume bottle from the store she thought he'd like. He wasn't very appreciative.

As Penelope passed him, he gave her the same look he would always give her, a condescending smile and a strange gleam in his different-colored eyes.

  "Ms. Lowell." He greeted, his French accent sharp.

Penelope stopped by the entrance of the gym to look at him. He still smelled weird. "Vice principal Thorn." She greeted back with a forced smile. "How's the perfume working out for you?"

The moment her words left her mouth, she knew he'd get mad. Dr. Thorn clenched his jaw and looked at her with a sneer. "Why don't you go and join the others, hm."

  Penelope nodded and left quickly. She didn't understand why he was so mad. She was only trying to help.

  Entering the gym, Penelope got a slap in the face on the amount of stench that came from that very room. Girls were covered in an insane amount of perfume and guys smelled like they actually came from the gym. The disgusting smell of young adolescents. The curse of having an enhanced sense of smell was the smell.

  Penelope tried her hardest not to cringe as she walked further inside in hopes of finding Grover or someone to talk to.

Penelope was standing near the bleachers when the bane of her existence slid next to her with what he thought was a flirty smile when it actually look like he was trying to eat his mouth. Tony the turd. Penelope didn't know his last name and she didn't want to know his last name, the turd was enough confirmation of who he was. Tony always tried to flirt with her, to the point where she wanted to punch him so hard it would most likely fix his teeth.