13 - team belly

(chapter thirteen)

     "HOW MUCH LONGER, SUE?" Cassie groaned as Susannah painted the portrait of her in her mother's old debutante dress

"HOW MUCH LONGER, SUE?" Cassie groaned as Susannah painted the portrait of her in her mother's old debutante dress. Cassie didn't want to go looking for one and she also had always loved her mother's old one so it was a win-win.

"Not too much longer, I'm finishing up your curls and then I'll be finished," Susannah explained, mixing some paint together to get the right shade of yellow. "So," She started, looking up at the girl with a smirk, Cassie shifted in her seat before pulling at the front of her dress to let some air in. "You and Conrad have been friendly this summer,"

Conrad.

She hadn't thought of him since last night, this morning Susannah had rushed her out of bed to get her ready for her portrait. She didn't necessarily regret last night, but she was still mad at the boy which she made sure he knew. They both just needed to release some tension and stress and the option was just dangling right in front of them. Cassie thought they needed to talk about it.

"Uh, I guess so," Cassie replied, shifting in her seat again while Susannah gave her a knowing look.

"Don't worry, I'll leave that hickey out of the portrait," Susannah smirked and continued to paint on the canvas while Cassie's jaw dropped, her hand flying to her neck. "So, is it the summer?"

Cassie furrowed her eyebrows, "What do you mean the summer?"

"You know, the summer where you two finally get together, all of us moms have been waiting. Me and Victoria even have a bet on it,"

"Susannah!" Cassie scoffed before letting out an embarrassed chuckle, "Conrad and I are not a thing. Trust me, and neither of us want to be a thing so you and my mom cancel that bet right now."

"Have you found an escort yet?"

"Unfortunately, no, although I haven't been looking very hard," Cassie told the woman.

"I have someone in mind," Susannah smirked at the girl and Cassie glared at her.

"Nice try,"

Susannah hummed with a big smile stretching across her face before she dropped the conversation, continuing to paint the portrait of the now embarrassed girl.

NORA WALKED UP TO CASSIE who had just arrived to the volleyball charity event. "Finally, you're here," She complained before she received a playful punch from the blonde. Cassie greeted her and the two walked over to the drink bar to get some sodas. "Okay, look over there," Cassie turned her head to see a tall brunette talking to some other teenagers, he was very good looking.