Flirting and Silent Jealousy

Start from the beginning

He cocks his head to the side, cute. "And how would I do that, doll?"

My eyes widen at the old nickname and I have to supress any other kind of reaction seeing that my first reaction already amuses him, "I'm not sure? Umm... you could - Oh! I know. You can buy dinner, get me choclate, i love chocolate, let my have control of the car music if we use it. You could buy me a book? I'm not sure, jut be a gentlman I guess? Be gallant."

From here I can tell he has a mocking smirk under his mask but he doesn't say anything, simply looks back to the changing floor levels. But before I can check, the elevator rings and the doors slide open. Poeple rush in and Dabi has to reach over and take my hand to lead me out of it. His hands are warm. The contact minorly dazes me but I snap back to attention when we're farther away, still holding hands. I don't think he's noticed and I can't help but think this is really nice, actually. So I stay silent until we reach the bar room, the place where a lot of rich villians hangout. Its really the only reason we are all allowed in the hotel.

Dabi guides me to the bar, either still not noticing our conjoined hands, or he's enjoying his too. He raises his arm for the bar tender who rushes over, "One scotch on ice and one-"

He looks to me with raised eyebrows, so I murmur, embarassed, "One lemonade."

He doesn't even judge, he turns around and continues smoothly, "And one lemonade."

It takes a minute but when the bartender gets our drinks finished, Dabi finally drops my hand, and I sit on a barstool next to him, feeling a bit disappointed. After taking off his mask he runs his finger tip over the rim before picking it up and sipping his scotch, "So, why Lemonade Y/n?"

Glancing down at my drink, I respond, "It's refreshing, sweet, and my favorite color. Whats not to love about it?" Dabi stares at me with a completly deadpanned face so I roll my eyes, "Fine jeez. I don't hold alcohol well and I'd rather not make a fool of myself right now. But what I said earlier was true too."

Dabi nods, satisfied and amused before leaning closer to murmur into my ear, "As much as I find talking to you endearing, doll, we should try to make 'friends' sooner or later."

"Ok." Apparently sooner or later meant right that second becuase he gets up and walks to the opposite side of the room, turning on his charm. Lowering my head I try to keep the attention away from myself, so I take a sip of my lemonade and glance around the room. Lets see, theres a ton of men and, yup! Lucky me, I'm the only woman. These drunk bastards better not try anything. Talking, even flirting is okay for the mission but I'm certainly not going any farther than that.

Frequently I scope out the room for any potential 'friends' or creepy drunk guys to escape, but what I don't notice is the man who has had his eyes attached to me since I entered he room, until he sits down next to me. Looking over curiously I notice he's rather handsome, not my type, but convetionally attractive. I could be getting worse attention right now, "Like what your looking at?" He says in a smooth british accent.

Blushing I say, "Sorry, I was just curious."

He shakes his head, curly brown hair falling over his eyes, "No need to apalogize baby, whats your name?"

Trying not to gag and show the immediate turn off at him calling me baby I reply, "Puppeteer, yours?"

He smirks at me, "Villian name, huh? I like a mysterious woman. The names Robert."

I try not to laugh out loud at this joke of a man, he thinks he's really impressing me doesn't he? Oh this is to good to be true. He continues, "What brings you here?"

Raising my eyebrows, I can already get a good read of his personality, not to smart are we, sir? I lift my drink for him and say, "I was thirsty."

Robert smiles, "Me too." Oh my god this guy...

He casually moves himself closer to me, "You know, your stunning."

I make does eyes at him and say sarcastically, "Really, I hadn't noticed. I don't own any mirrors."

Robert just chuckles, "Oh, superstious? Well I promise, being with me would make you one lucky lady."

Snorting, I shake my head, who is this guy? But I have to play this up, "Sorry, I definetly would be, would'nt I?"

He does the casually stretch before resting his arm over my shoulder, and I stand up, him following, to at least get his arm off of me. He whipsers 'seductively', "Won't you come to my bed tonight?"

Before I can say another words, a familar, warmer than normal arm reaches around my waist and pulls me to his chest. Dabi's deep voice sounds dangerous as he says to me, lifting my chin up to him, "There you are, I've been looking all over for you doll."

My eyes widen and a blush spread across my face, making him smirk. Dabi then turns his gaze to Robert and it becomes murderous, "Sorry, I'm sure your a nice guy, but she's mine."

Robert stands stiffly in front of me, practically shaking under Dabi's glare. Dabi drops his hand from my waist, only to fold it into my own and starts walking towards the door, "Lets go get dinner, I'm hungry."

The walk to the restaurant in the hotel is silent, Dabi silently burning with anger and maybe jealousy? I mad him jealous? Smiling softly, his hand still holding mine I ask quietly, "Hey, are you okay Dabi?"

He slows his pace and looks down at me, before shaking his head, "Oh, yeah I'm sorry if that scared you I- um, nevermind. what would you like for dinner, I'm paying, remember?"

Smiling wider and push my shoulder into his, "How gallant."

He rolls his eyes, "Yes I know. I'm Dabi, the gallant."

Snorting, I think about dinner, not noticing Dabi secretly smiling at me, a smile he hasn't worn on his face since we were children. "I think I'll have a beer, I need to forget about that idiot from earlier."
_______________________________

If you like my writing, go check out my ShinKami fic, called The Babbling Blonde Boy, it would mean a lot to me. I hope everyone is enjoy this story, have a wonderful night/day!!!