Undercover Love

With my bag in hand and ready to face whatever villain I have to work with I walk into the hotel. I look around, searching for my partner in crime, nauseating stress start to cloud my mind.

That is until I see a familiar figure standing at one of the desks, arguing with the clerk. Groaning I mentally kick myself. Of course Shigaraki would pull shit like this. My shoulders fall and I let myself fall into misery for a second before I paste a fake ass smile on my face, straighten my shoulders and walk up to him.

My hand finds it's way to his lower back and I look at the women who seems scared, "Hello, I'm sorry, is my fiance bothering you?'

The clerk immediately shakes her head, eyes wide before saying, "No ma'am! He has requested a different room but there are no more left."

My eyebrows furrow and I try not to show how fear knows at me. Nodding I take Dabi's elbow and pull him away to a private corner of the hotel. "Dabi, what the hell are you doing? Just go with what Shigaraki payed for okay? It's probably for the cover." My voice is harsh and frustrated. Shigaraki and I where on the phone while Kurogiri drive me here. The cover is that me and apparently Dabi are engaged.

Dabi glares at me his hands moving nervously as he talk, "No, Y/N, you don't understand," Dabi groans, his head thrown back, "He got us one room. With one bed."

My jaw drops to the floor and I try to breathe steadily to keep down the panic and anger. Fucking Shigaraki. I scowl before replying, "Well it's for the cover. We need this mission to succeed so suck it up, and let's do this okay? It will suck and I still hate you but we have to do this, there is no choice." I say the last words slowly so he can get it through his thick brain how important this is.

Dabi looks away, his eyes glaze over in though but he nods, walks to the clerk and exchanges quick words with her. She hands him the keys, bowing her head, and Dabi gestures for me to come over, one of the hotels elevator doors opening.

I walk quickly on the thin rug to the clerk, smile and say, "I'm so sorry about him, he's shy about sharing the same bed because he sleep talks, thank you, have a good night!"

I walk away, giggling and the clerks surprised face before rushing into the elevator. Dabi clicks on of the buttons and stands quietly beside me. He's wearing his usual black facemask, hoodie, and jeans like every time when he goes out. The stale air and awful elevator music make me wish this thing went faster but it slowly goes up each floor, the numbers slowly changing about once a minute.

I rock back and forth on my heels awkwardly, holding my handheld suitcase behind me, "So... Have any other girls on speed dial nowa days?"

Dabi sighs, looking at his feet he quietly speaks, "Y/N I don't- what I did was awful and I'm so sorry. My purpose was not to hurt you, okay? I wish I hadn't done that."

Raising my eyebrows I roll my eyes, "Well I don't forgive you."

Dabi's shoulders seem to slump and I'm instantly regretful, wanting to take back my petty words. But I'm kind of glad that it happened how it did because I now know better than to trust him. Though I really, really wish I could because the truth is I still harbor feelings for the douchebag.

Finally the elevator rings and the doors slide open, allowing us to walk onto our floor. I follow Dabi's lead to our room, number 248. He unlocks it and let's himself in. A few warmly lit lamps light up the otherwise dark room. I notice Dabi freeze once he gets through the doorway but I ignore him and walk behind him, setting my little luggage trunk besides the TV before turning around, "what are you-"

A gasp falls from my lips and I stare wide eyed at the bed. White fluffy pillows and cuddly sheets are absolutely covered in rose petals. Dabi walks to the bed and grips the sheets, scowling, shaking the petals to the ground, "Damnit."

I hold a hand over my mouth and start to laugh. Today is the most mortifying day in my entire fucking life. I turn to the curtains and see it's already dark outside. The stars shine through the window, the moon hidden by clouds.

My stomach growl from not having dinner yet, "Dabi, I'm making popcorn. Want any?"

His gaze turns to me, "Hmm? Oh yeah sure. Thanks."

                         - Dabi's POV-

Y/N puts the bag of popcorn in the microwave before searching her suitcase. Apparently she finds what she needed and goes to the bathroom. Feeling out of place I flick on the TV and change into my pajamas which are just grey sweats and a white shirt. Normally I sleep shirtless cause I get to hot at night but I have a feeling Y/N wouldn't appreciate that.

With the remote I skim through the channels, the popcorn bag starts popping in the background and I sigh through my nose. This mission is going to suck. I settle on the edge of the bed, soon enough the microwave starts blaring and Y/N emerges from the bathroom with a oversized shirt and cute little pj shorts on.

She get the snack from the microwave that screeches at us, and literally takes the remote from me. I'm about to protest but she shoves the popcorn bag into my hands and turns on the Disney movie Tangled, of all things. "Really, we're watching a kids movie?"

Y/N gives me a stern look before she lectures, "Well this movie is incredible and maybe you can learn from Eugene how to be a decent guy when someone's into you."

I scoff but the guilt digs in just a bit more. Y/N's more feisty then ever apparently, which I understand. I was a complete a-hole.

                       -Time skip-

We share the popcorn all throughout the movie and by the end I'm surprised to say I actually enjoyed it a lot. It was cute. Plus Y/N just lights up while watching it. I probably watched her reactions more than the movie, it's I dumb, I know. She hates me. And she should. But I can't help but wish it weren't that way. But by the end I can tell she's sleepy so I declare it bed time.

I start to lean back into the bed but Y/N gets up, places one of the pillows on the ground and gets a blanket from the closet. "What are you doing?" I ask curiously.

Y/n looks up at from my while fluffing her pillow, "Well I'm sure as hell not going to sleep in the same bed as you."

I roll my eyes, "Y/N get up here, your going to be sore in the morning and I need you well rested."

Y/N simply snuggles into her blankets and ignores me, "Please Y/N, for once can you not be stubborn?"

Her hair surrounds her face and her eyes flutter close. I groan but give in, "okay fine. Goodnight Y/N."

Again, she says nothing. So I turn off the lamps on the bed side tables and get up to close the curtains. I lay on the bed and wait until I hear Y/N's breathing even out until I get up again. Lifting her up bridal style, I hold her to my chest, carrying her onto the bed. I'm careful not to get my staples caught on anything. She curls closer to me chest, whimpering. I look down at her with a sad smile, she must be having a nightmare.

Laying her on the bed I pull the sheets over her body. Closing my eyes I lean down to her warmth and leave a small, love filled peck on her forehead, murmuring, "Y/N, i just need you to know that I'm in love with you, in all the best and worst ways. And I'm sorry for that, along with everything I've done that's ever hurt you. Good night doll."

My cheeks burn at my cliche words but those are words I've wished to tell her since the first time we met. Righting myself I walk to her badly made floor bed and fall asleep on it. The last thing I remember is Y/N dazed and confused sitting up and staring at me in awe. Probably just a dream, the 'memory' is hazy at best anyway and there is no way that happened. Y/N would never look at me like that again.