Chapter Ten: ELVIRA, DO YOU COPY?

𝒊'𝒎 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒓𝒆𝒍𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆, 𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒇 𝒐𝒇 𝒎𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒅

3 MONTHS LATER...

Hawkins. A cursed town. A dangerous destination. A trip towards Hell itself. All these characterisms for a small town, like this one. But this town, keeps a lot of secrets...underneath it.

3 months passed by since the Battle of Starcourt, finding our little heroes more devastated than ever. These months without Elvira and the boys, have been a nightmare, especially for Steve. He wasn't laughing anymore, how could he? He wasn't making any jokes or being sarcastic over his little friends. All he ever does, is nodding at what everyone says and helping them as much as he can.

Steve was alone in their house without her or the boys. He wanders around it holding the picture frame of him, Elvira and the boys, that Nancy gave to Elvira a few weeks ago. He sits on the couch, observing it and noticing how happy they all look. Tears are falling from his eyes as he leaves the picture on the table. He misses them, more than anything. Now, he feels empty without them.

He gets up from the couch, wiping his tears away and grabs his car keys.

He arrives at the Byers' former house, to help them with their moving. After Joyce adopted Mariya and Eleven, she decided to take her family and leave Hawkins. It would be good for all of them, because they need it. Especially the girls.

Steve walks forward and looks at Mike who's putting stuff in the boxes. Mike smiles weakly to him, and Steve nods.

Will comes out of his room and walks to Mike. On his way there, Steve appeared in front of him.

"Hey, Steve" Will says.

"Hey, Will"

"Uh, would you mind going to my room? Mariya is packing alone and I tried to talk to her, but I think that you are the only one she wants to talk to, right now" Will tells him.

"Don't worry, I'll check on her" Steve says, making his way towards Will's room.

Steve stands outside of the bedroom, looking at the young girl who's sitting on the floor, putting some stuff in the boxes. He decides to knock the door, softly and he manages to draw her attention.

Mariya's red puffed eyes looks straight at Steve's.

"Will said you need help" Steve says.

"I think I'm good"

"Yeah, but an extra pair or hands are always welcomed, right?" He asks her.