Chapter Two: Hex

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒙 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒚 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕

𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐁𝐘, Elvira forgets the events from the previous one

𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐁𝐘, Elvira forgets the events from the previous one. She chooses to forget. It's easier than dealing with all the questions from those around her. She knew that Steve cared about her and the kids more than anything, but she didn't want him to worry about her all the time. Even though she does that. Turns out she was very selfless, like Steve told her.

Elvira parks the car out of Hopper's cabin. Her and the twins walk towards the door to knock, but El runs faster and opens it.

"Hi!" She yells and hugs the twins.

Mariya hugs her sister and kisses her cheek.

"How are you?" She asks her.

"We're good, very good, where's dad?" Elvira asks.

"Right here!" Hopper says and hugs his daughter "How are you, sweetheart?"

"Great"

"Hey, Hops!" The twins hug him tightly.

"Wanna know the surprise I have for you?" Hopper says and smirks "Can you smell it?"

Both of them close their eyes and smell the familiar scent of their favorite desert.

"Eggos!"

"With?" Hopper asks.

"Ice-cream!"

"Ha ha, Ice-cream from Scoops Ahoy! Your dad brought plenty of it yesterday. Come on guys, all of this is for you" Hopper says and lets them eat their desert.

Hopper and Elvira sit on the couch as they speak.

"Wow, they've grown up a lot"

"Yeah, they have. And it's only been a few months" Elvira says.

"Have you figured out.. their abilities?" He asks her.

"Kind of, I mean Eddie has superspeed"

"And Jimmy?"

Elvira sighs "I don't know, I'm afraid that he is just like me....I get very weird vibes"

"How do you know?"

"It's not just what I feel, it's what I see. Eddie is confident, compassionate and filled with energy beyond my imagination, he's like Steve. And Jimmy is...introvert, shy, more like an, an antisocial person. He is a sensitive kid. Like me" Elvira explains to Hopper.

"Okay, you don't know that" Hopper says.

"You think I don't know my own child? I live everyday with him" Elvira tells him.

"Have you, I don't know, said anything to Steve?"

Elvira hesitates to respond, because her answer is not the right one, and she knows it.