Chapter Five: The Sauna Test

𝑺𝒉𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒎𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒚, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒆'𝒔 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒅

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐎𝐏𝐒 𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐏 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐈𝐍𝐕𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐆𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐎𝐏𝐒 𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐏 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐈𝐍𝐕𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐆𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋. Elvira, Steve and Robin sit on the table, listening to what Dustin saw, after the spycraft he did this morning.

Elvira thought this mission was incredibly dangerous and stupid, but mostly dangerous. Furthermore, you all know, even me, that she could do nothing to stop Dustin and his little spy play, so she decided to use any means she can for this mission, even if that meant to expose herself.

"That keycard opens the door, but unfortunately, the Russian with this keycard also has a massive gun. Whatever's in this room, whatever's in those boxes, they really don't want anybody finding it" Dustin explains.

Elvira sits on the chair between Steve and Robin. She looks at Steve, who's spinning his hat with his hand, and then turns her gaze to Robin, who's playing with her scoop.

She sighs, while she looks at Dustin who's holding an eye contact with her, knowing that she doesn't like this.

Dustin always admired Elvira. He didn't thought that she was badass because she had powers, but she was a really cool and awesome person. She spent hours playing D&D with him and the party, she always helped them in times of need, especially last year with the demo-dogs and before she leaves Hawkins and the fact that she offered to close the gate, by herself made him think that she was remarkable and he was lucky to know her. She loved the party, like they were her own kids.

But what he truly admired more than anything was that she is a 20 year old girl who gave birth to twin boys and she is raising them, alongside Steve, under these circumstances. And that also gave cool points to Steve as well. Dustin already knew that both of them were his heroes, they fight monsters and protect the people they love, but what they both do everyday for their children, was a lot harder than kill demo-dogs.

"But there's gotta be a way in" Robin says.

Steve blows his hat and sets it on the table "Well, you know..." He leans forward, placing his arms on the table "I could just take him out"

"Take who out?" Elvira asks.

"The Russian guard" Steve says and Elvira scoffs "What? I sneak up behind him, I knock him out, and I take his keycard. It's easy" He says.

"Easy? Seriously?" Elvira asks.

"Yes, seriously" He tells her.

"Did you not hear the part about the massive gun?" Dustin asks him.

"Yes, Dustin, I did. And that's why I would be sneaking" Steve says, moving his fingers to the table.

Elvira leans closer to him "Steve, you are pretty..." Steve smiles at her "...stupid" She finishes her sentence and his smile drops quickly.