Chapter Seven: Harbringer Of Chaos

𝑺𝒉𝒆'𝒔 𝒂 𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓, 𝒎𝒚 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒍𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔

𝐈 𝐇𝐎𝐏𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐕𝐄 𝐌𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐈 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐙𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐒 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐋

Scoops Troop is already halfway through the hall, not knowing what is waiting for them on the other side.

"I mean, you have to admit, as a feat of engineering alone, this is impressive" Dustin says.

"What are you talking about? It's a total fire hazard. There's no stairs, there's no exit, there's just an elevator that drops you halfway to hell" Steve says.

"They're Commies. You don't pay people, they cut corners" Erica says.

After a long time, Elvira finally decides to speak "To be fair to our Russian comrades, I don't think this tunnel was designed for walking" Steve looks at her "i mean...Think about it, they developed the perfect system for transporting that cargo" Elvira says.

"It all comes into the mall like any old delivery" Dustin says.

"And then they load it up onto those trucks and nobody's the wiser" Robin agrees with them.

"You think they built this whole mall so they could transport that green poison?" Steve asks them.

"I very seriously doubt it's something as boring as poison. It's gotta be much more valuable, like promethium or something" Dustin says.

"What the hell is promethium?" He asks.

"It's what Victor Stone's dad used to make Cyborg's bionic and cybernetic components" Elvira explains.

"You're all so nerdy, it makes me physically ill" Erica comments.

"No, no, no. No, don't lump me in with them. I'm not a nerd, all right?" Steve says, offended.

"Why so sensitive, Harrington? Afraid of losing cool points to a ten-year-old child?" Robin asks.

"No, I'm just saying I don't know jack shit about Prometheus" Steve says.

Elvira sighs. "Promethium. Prometheus is a Greek mythological figure, but whatever" Elvira corrects him "All I'm saying is, it's probably being used to make something. Or power something" She continues.

"Like a nuclear weapon?" Dustin asks.

"Totally" Robin says.

"Walking towards a nuclear weapon. That's great. That'd be great" Steve says.

"But if they're building something, why here? I mean, Hawkins. Seriously. Of all places. At the very best, we're a toilet stop
on your way to Disneyland, but maybe that's it" Robin says and continues to speak, as she walks forward with Erica.