Chapter Ten: The Battle At Starcourt

𝑺𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝑾𝒊𝒕𝒄𝒉

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐒𝐀𝐘 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐃 𝐌𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐒𝐀𝐘 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐃 𝐌𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒. Sometimes, the bad ones prevail, but there will always be the good ones that you always remember. The ones where you find happiness, joy, hope and love. Where you find yourself to be the happiest, to laugh like tomorrow never comes. Yet, in all good stories you find sorrow, grief, disappointment, fear and pain...mostly pain. And for Elvira Hopper, pain is what prevails as a main emotion, at the moment.

As she takes a quick look back to her life, her saddest memories appear in her mind. The torture in Russia, Westview, Hawkins Lab, Natalia's death. But then again, what's the point remembering all of these memories now that she needs to find her strength.

And she does.

By remembering the time when she learned Mike how to dance, so he can have his first dance with Eleven. The time she went to Max's house to help her get ready for the prom. All times she helped Lucas to apologize to Max when he was wrong. When she was the only one who spent time with Dustin, fixing his inventions because no one else wanted to. The time she spent, teaching Erica how to ride a bike. When she was the only person who knew Robin's secret, because she was the only one that won her trust. When she promised to Will that she will do anything in her power to save him. And she did. Even if that meant, torturing herself almost every night. She still did it.

The time Jonathan's father left, Elvira was there for him. Every day, she skipped school to spend time with him, comfort him when he had no one. Not a single other friend, but she was there. When Nancy put Elvira first and herself second because she loved her best friend more than anything. She was alone when Elvira left the second time, she could not comprehend that she was not there, with her. The hours she spent crying in the middle of the night, wondering where she might be. That Elvira was the reason why Nancy didn't want to make a move with Steve, because she remembered how close he was with her.

When she was the one that gave El all the confidence she needed to have and trusted her enough to protect her own self and not having someone around all the time, even when Hopper was too afraid to let her leave the cabin. When she was always next to Mariya, in every problem she ever had. The way she always run to her when she called her big sister and that she taught her everything she knows, about friendship, love and life. When Joyce was the one who took care of her during her pregnancy and that she has been more of a mother to her than her real one. When she was the one that made Hopper smile every time he saw her, before she finds out that he is her actual father. It didn't matter to her, he was always her father for her. How she gave him advices on how to be close to Joyce, how she was her idea to propose her a date.

When she gave birth to the boys, and everyone was waiting in the living room for her. And when they saw Steve coming out of the room with two little baby boys in his arms, how they all cried. When Elvira looked at them, she was crying as well, thinking that she has a great family. The way Steve and Elvira raised the boys, giving all their time to them. The way they made her see a better version of herself, through their eyes. And when they first got their powers, she was there, to guide them, to teach them... to help them.