𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

Mariah

"I'm really sick of you trifling ass bitches on gang." I mugged my phone while on FaceTime with the girls.

"what the fuck we do?" Zariyah mugged, showing her face in the camera since we was looking at her ceiling.

"why y'all ain't tell me bout what happened at the mall last week?" I frowned.

"What happened?" Zariyah knitted her face.

"ask dej and laia."

Laia quickly turned her camera off, "nah hoe turn that camera back on." Zariyah said.

she turned it on with a quickness, "huh?"

"what the hell happened last week?" Laia played dumb.

I patiently waited for her to speak while I was getting things to send these packages out for shipping. I own an online boutique that sells clothes and accessories.

Jalaiah
September 22, 2019

I'm on FaceTime with the girls when Mariah put the attention on me. "what happened?" Mariah asked looking busy as ever.

"Mariah what is you doing?" I asked changing the subject.

"Nah don't change the subject, tell them what happened." Dej smirked.

"fuck you dej, can't keep a secret ass hoe."
I mugged her.

"you shouldn't have told me knowing i can't hold water." she shrugged.

"ughhh fine, we and bakari kinda sorta made out." I whispered that last two words.

"WHAT WAS THAT?" Mariah obnoxiously and loudly asked cupping her ear.

"me and bk kissed, but y'all can't tell draco. he'll kill us."

"why would we tell dra-oooh shit, i forgot that's ya brother." Zariyah had a moment.

We shook our heads at her, "this hoe higher than a kite." dej bust out laughing.

"i had too many drinks last night & I'm smoking, don't mind me." Zariyah nodded.

Me and the girls stayed on the phone for another hour til I got a text from Bakari saying he was five minutes away.

I quickly finished applying my lashes and lip gloss and grabbed my purse to match my fit which consisted of a white crop top, black jeans, and my oversized red black and white jacket. I paired the fit with red high top converses, black shades, and my red purse.

 I paired the fit with red high top converses, black shades, and my red purse

I told my mom that i was leaving.

I walked to Bakari Jeep Wrangler.

"you're my son for real." I laughed covering my mouth, looking at Bakari's fit.

He had on a white beater and black ripped jeans. He paired the fit with a pair of black and red boots, a red cap, and a simple gold chain.

I got inside of the jeep and put my seatbelt on, "so where are we going?" I asked suspiciously

Bakari called me this morning telling me to be ready by 3 pm cause he was taking me out somewhere. "It's a surprise." He smirked.

"yayy" i said faking my enthusiasm.

Bakari kissed his teeth and pulled out of my driveway. "i see you looking cute today."

I looked at him like he was crazy, "backhanded ass compliment. I look good everyday, fuck outta here." I waved him off.

I'm convinced this dude can't go a day without being mean to somebody.

My phone automatically connected to Bakari's car Bluetooth., above and beyond by jhene aiko played in the background, setting the mood.

After driving and vibing to the music for a half hour, we finally stopped. We were outside of the city in the middle of woods.

"What are we doing here?" I asked grabbing ahold of Bakari's hand as we walked through the park.

"it's your surprise." he smiled looking back at me.

"what are you talking about?" I scrunched my face up at him.

We walked deeper and deeper into the woods. The closer we walked the louder the sound of water could be heard. Finally, we came to a stop.

"Oh my goodness, kari this is beautiful." I pouted taking in the sight in front of us.

"I found the spot my accident one day three years ago & I've been coming here every since when i need to clear my head or just need to get away

"I found the spot my accident one day three years ago & I've been coming here every since when i need to clear my head or just need to get away. You are the first person that I showed this spot to." Bakari smiled snaking his arm around my waist.

"this is stunning, I'm glad you brought me here." I exhaled a breath.

"I wanted to share this special place with some special, and you are that someone." He said kissing on the crook of my neck and jawline.

"aw your gonna make me cry," i sighed wiping my eyes. Bakari turned me around so that I was facing him.

"don't cry baby girl," Bakari wiped my tears with his thumb. He pecked my lips repeatedly. "We started off rocky to say the least, but i really appreciate ya vibe shawty."

"aw stop itttt" i cheesed, pushing him playfully.

"look I wanna ask you a question," kari spoke making eye contact as we sat down on one of the rocks.

"yeah, what's up?" I said hesitantly.

"I know you got a girl best friend and all, but what do you say bout being my best friend? You the realest female I've ever met & you hold me accountable for my shit."

"Hmm, let me think about it and get back to you."

I could tell by his facial expression he was hurt, "a'ight i thought about it..and yeah. I gotchu." I smiled, we hugged and chilled for a couple of hours til we got hungry.

thoughts?

laia and bk = the besties (with benefits) 😩😝

the next chapter will be a major time jump to the present year (2022).

The first five chapters were from 2019

08/18/2022

927 words