The Escape

Xelqua woke up sweating, it had felt so real, talking to his friends, finding the portal with them, and then the fire, the destruction, everything and everyone dying. The nightmares were happening more frequently now. He looked around at his surroundings, he was still in the same stupid castle with the same stupid purple tint everywhere. He stood up and put on the long, black, silk robe on and the purple cape. He wanted to get away from this hell as quickly as possible. Xelqua unfolded his wings and stepped in front of the mirror, he could see himself, he wore the mask with the watchers symbol on it, also the symbol Evolution used.

The symbol reminding him of his old server, his old friends that he missed and couldn't be with anymore, not after they killed them

The symbol reminding him of his old server, his old friends that he missed and couldn't be with anymore, not after they killed them. They took him after he killed the dragon, he tried to stay with them but the watchers killed them to teach him a lesson. The smaller Watcher had been with the other Watchers for 3 years and they wanted Xelqua to become like them, controlling and manipulative. The blonde didn't want to be like them.
The winged male looked in the mirror and couldn't help but see all of the similarities between himself and them. The mask, the purple and black wings, the halo with an open eye. Everything with him reminded him of them, reminded him of The Watchers.

Therefore he was very happy that he also had some human features, to avoid the purple and black monochrome for once

Therefore he was very happy that he also had some human features, to avoid the purple and black monochrome for once. Xelqua wasn't a real Watcher, he was only half watcher with his father being a Watcher and his mother being human.
He has the same features as them, the wings, the halo, but nonetheless he also looked human, his blonde hair, his height, his skin color, and his eye. He was very much smaller than a Watcher, he was blonde where the Watcher had purple or black hair, he was white where a Watcher has pale purple skin, and one of his eyes were blue, the other lavender, the Watchers eyes were often both a bright violet.

Xelquas mother told him about the Watchers every night as a bedtime story, she told him that they were majestic creatures that protected the players, she told him that they created the servers and helped the players on it to find glory. That was before he joined Evolution SMP, he made new friends, went on quests for the Watchers, everyone else did everything they said, but not Xelqua, he took when he shouldn't, he didn't follow their orders. Eventually he come to the point where they all got a quest to kill the Ender Dragon, he did it and they took him away from his friends. They took everything away from him.

Xelqua was sick and tired of The Watchers and how they treated him like some reckless child that didn't act the way the parents expected. He was so mad at them, he was spending all of his time watching over his friends, and The Watchers didn't like that he didn't spend time on practicing his magic. They killed them, destroyed the server, and permanently killed his friends. After that he practiced his magic everyday, but not for the sake of the Watchers, he needed to open a portal to escape this hell. And he was finally ready. He could feel the pink magic on his hand tickling and then he put his hands forward. A bright pink light blinded the small watcher and when he looked again a portal was there, he had everything he needed in his inventory. On the other side of the portal a blue sky with clouds was shining through. Xelqua didn't hesitate to take his mask of, he put it in an enderchest and broke said chest, then he closed his eyes shut and took a step forward into the portal.

The next moment he was falling from the sky
»oh no, I'm going to die« he only managed to think, not having enough time to spread out his wings

Splash

Xelqua opened his eyes and saw blue, he was under the water and couldn't breath, his wings were heavy and dragged him towards the seabed. The winged man quickly pulled his wings in and began to swim upwards.  He reached the surface and let in a big breath and looked around, he saw the shore and began swimming towards it, he was having trouble at first because he didn't swim in the years with the Watchers but he quickly got the hang of it. He reached the shore and got up dripping wet.
»Umm Hello, who are you?« Xelqua jumped by the sound of someones voice
»I'm Xel-»  Xelqua paused, he couldn't keep that name, it was a weird name and reminded him of the watchers, he needed something new. When Xelqua was alone he did try to find new names in hope for this day to arrive, he chose the name he liked best, the name that meant sun. «Grian, my name is Grian«
»Hello Grian, welcome to hermitcraft season 6, I'm Mumbo« The mustached man reached his hand out and Grian shook it.

Grian got the rules explained: there were one big island separated into different segments where your building must follow the chosen theme: Fantasy, Aqua Town, Pirate Land, Shopping District, Futuristic, Modern, Medieval and Industrial. Grian knew he was least comfortable with the futuristic style, so that's why he wanted to settle there. To try something completely new. A new start.

Mumbo left again to let Grian settle. Grian knew that he had to do something about the server so The Watchers never could find him and hurt his hopefully future friends, he concentrated his magic, he created a shield to make this server unseeable to the Watchers. It completely drained his energy and he could feel he was close to fainting when the shield was up. He sat down trying to regain his strength. The blonde did after about half an hour, so he got up again and went out to explore.

The watcher gathered the materials he would need and went back to the beach, he got into the water and started to swim out, he then dove down and started to build, after a couple hours of building he looked down on the sunken ship consealed in a water flask. His new starter base. The blonde thought to himself that maybe this wouldn't be so bad. He had friends now, or a friend, Mumbo, and a new start where no one even knew about The Watchers, and if they did know about them, they didn't know about him.

They didn't know about him.

~1126 words