Chapter 9: Change

Start from the beginning

I took a quick shower and worn the clothes that Jimin had sent me, to complete I decided to opt for a white t-shirt. I looked in the mirror and I didn't recognize myself. I didn't know that simply clothes could change a person's appearance so much. I looked like a confident woman, who wasn't afraid of anything. I was going to put on my white sneakers when I remembered Jimin's words. Be confident. So I changed my mind and put on my only heels that I had. It was a simple pair of black heels and I wore them for special occasions, which meant never. I took my things and went downstairs to join my mother for breakfast.

"Minjeong honey! You are glowing, you become a woman." she said, touched.

"Thanks mom." I took her in my arms. I was trying to change for her, for us. I'll do anything to see her happy. We were eating our breakfast when someone knocked on the door.

"Minjeong, were you waiting someone?" my mom asked.

"Ye-yeah." I awkwardly got up. Jimin was standing in front of me, she was in a black suit and she really looked like a businesswoman, she was perfect from head to toe.

"Are you going to stare at me the whole day, Miss Kim?" she said seductively.

"Oh Mrs. Yu- I mean nice to see you Jimin. How are you?" my mother interrupted.

"I'm great thank you. What about you, Mrs. Kim?" she asked my mother back.

"Thank you very much. I'll be able to rest today." and she turned to me "Tonight I'll cook for dinner, arasso? Go to school now, you'll be late otherwise." And she kissed me on the cheek. "Come anytime Jimin, you're always welcome."

"Thank you Mrs. Kim." she sweetly said to her. We were leaving the house and going to the car. Jimin was opening the door for me when suddenly she closed it. She turned around and looked at me from head to toe. "It really fits you. You're beautiful Minjeong." she held my hand and gently kissed the back one. During the way, we talked about everything and nothing. "Minjeong? Remember when I said that I wanted you to be my secretary and that I'll pay you?"

"Yes, why?"

"Have you thought about it?"

"Yeah, but first I have to talk to Aeri unnie. We'll discuss it tomorrow night at your place."

We arrived 10 minutes early on campus. She opened the door for me and led me her hand to help to go down. All the students were watching us, they probably never saw me wearing this kind of clothes, Jimin made all the girls their jaw dropped, especially the girls on the cheerleader team.

"Minjeongie! I- oh wow, you're... different today! The whole campus is watching you and... your girlfriend." she turned her gaze on Jimin and smirked.

"Oh, you should be Aeri right? Minjeong's best friend?" Jimin gave her hand for a shake and Aeri unnie gladly took it.

"Yeah, I'm Aeri, Minjeong's best friend."

"I wanted to ask something. You see, I offered Minjeong to be my secretary so I wanted to know if it was okay if she was quitting at your bar." she scratched her neck.

"Of course! Even though I'm going to miss Minjeong at work, but I'm glad she has a better job." Aeri unnie could sometimes be annoying, but she always behaved like my sister.

"Perfect." she smiled widely and turned to me "Hum Minjeong, Daddy's leaving... I'll call you tonight baby."

"Okay." I nodded and smiled. I was about to turn around to go to class when suddenly she pulled me by the waist and held my face with her hand. She kissed me but this time it wasn't soft, as if she wanted to take control, she bit my lip and put her tongue in, I placed my arms around her and felt my legs shaking. I could smell her perfume, it was a man's perfume and it was my biggest weakness.