Chapter 3

Nick grabs Menace's arm and pulls her out of the room. He stares at her, before speaking in a low voice.

"What did you say inside?" Nick asked, waiting intently for her answer. Menace shrugged off his arm.

"I said nothing." Menace denied, about to turn her back, only to be pulled again.

"You said something. I heard it. We heard it." Menace tried to pull her arm again, but Nick wasn't letting go.

"What is it to you if I did say something?! It's not like you'll know what it is." This time, Nick let her pull her arm.

"Coyotl. You said Coyotl. You said that after seeing that guy change, didn't you?" Menace looks at his eyes, confused to see recognition in them. As if he knows what she said earlier, even though she didn't intend to say it out loud.

"So? It's not like you know whatever it is."

"I know." Menace frowned, shaking her head as if not wanting to believe.

Then the others started coming out of the room as ME's rushed inside.

"Wait in the lobby. I'll show you something."

Menace bit her lower lip as she watched Nick and the others follow the taller man. Sighing to herself, she did what she was told to this time. It's not like she can leave too. She still needs to learn more about her mother. That's the real purpose of her arrival in Portland.

"Okay. Can you tell me why she is coming with us again?" Hank asked, looking at Nick who was driving, before glancing at the windshield mirror to look at Menace in the backseat.

"Remember what she said back in jail?" Nick glanced at Hank for a moment, a serious look on his face as he looked back at the road.

"You mean the Coyotl?"

"Yes. She said Coyotl after seeing the guy. She knows what Wesen he is." Nick explained, turning right at the corner of the road.

"Wesen? So, you know what Wesen is? You see them too?" Menace interrupted, leaning a bit closer to the two men.

Hank turns to her so fast with wide eyes, as if he's seeing a ghost.

"Even if others don't? Yes, I do." Nick answered skeptically, glancing at the windshield mirror. His eyes met Menace.

"Are you saying you're a Grimm too?" Menace asked in bewilderment. She has been seeing a lot of strange things since she was 12. She thought she was the only one who could, but there was hope inside her that her mother might be the same too.

That's one of the matters she wanted to ask her, but that's unlikely to happen now, knowing that her mother is dead.

"We'll explain later. For now, come with us."

Minutes later, the car stopped. Menace let the two men come out first, before stepping out. She looks at the store in front of her. Exotic Spice & Tea Shop.

She follows Nick and Hank as they stand in front of the shop. The door then opens, revealing a guy wearing brownish long sleeves. The same guy she sat in the backseat of the car on their way to the precinct last night after she was caught about to flee the place.

Their eyes met as she followed Nick and Hank inside the shop. The man's eyes widened as if he was seeing a ghost. He didn't say anything, letting them in first, before closing the door behind them. Pulling down the blinds on the glass window of the door.