13

Sun was rising and making every light of Busan city being turned off, replaced with natural light.

Nala was getting ready to go out to catch some fresh air before the streets were full. Last few weeks were tiring for her. Why, you're asking?

It's one of those periods when you feel broken and sad, despite all the happiness that lives rent free in your life.

Something that comes from the inside, unexplainable feeling, which gets even worse when people make sure you know they don't understand you. You already feel it, but it hurts when you also hear it.

Few strangers, psychopaths as she liked to call them because they were running early in the morning trying to keep healthy life although it doesn't really matter 'cause we're gonna die anyway, ran past her.

Seeing just a few people made her think especially about them. She didn't know them, but she imagined what kind of past do they have behind themselves..

Did they got out of the house so they'd clear their mind just like she did? Or they just like running with no direction.. Although there's always a direction, she thought.

Maybe it's time to get back home. And maybe give a call to Taehyung. Talking to him always made her feel full. All that emptiness would disappear. But she never wanted to be 'that' girlfriend. The one who always complains, and the one who's being sort of a burden to her boyfriend because of her own mental problems.

Maybe this time she should keep all those thoughts for herself. No one ever understands anyway. It's not people's fault after all, so she shouldn't punish them by making them feel like it is.

It's not their fault that they don't know how their words that genuinely mean nothing, can hurt her so easily. Or how the things they're expecting from her aren't that big, she just isn't strong enough in the moment to carry them. Or how they don't make her think she's not trying good enough because they want to hurt her, but because it really looks like she isn't even trying.

She's aware of everything, so the silent treatment would be the best possible
solution at this moment. Couple of "I am fine's " and fake smiles, and everything will be okay.

--~°~--

Life was back at the main streets of the city, so Nala decided to go to some lonely places. She was murmuring the first verse of 'Hello' by Adele, which would always make her feel relaxed a bit. After she found out Adele wrote it to her younger self, she could find herself in that song as well. Or in that second verse... 'did you ever make it out of that town where nothig ever happened?'

At this moment, only thing she wanted to do was to leave. Everyone and eveything. To press a restart button on her life, but unfortunately, there was no any.

The street she was now in was deadly silent, surprisingly though, 'cause it was very hard to find street like this in Busan. Everywhere was someone..and this..

This seemed like a perfect place to put her mind off. Hearing people beeping in their cars so they'd get to job faster, although nothing changes even when they beep, hearing people complaining about everything and how miserable their lives are... disgusting and way too much now.

The place looked like one of those dead ends in the movies, where usually all the bad things happen, but this isn't a movie and there's no a huge possibility of something bad happening when it's only 6:00AM.

at least she thought so

Nala was surrounded by buildings, and each building was very high, old, and almost each one of them had that iron staircase that you'd use if you want to get out on the back exit.

I swear to God if anyone stepped on it, it would make a sound louder than the highest note ever made by an opera singer.

She was moving her gaze from a window to another, and each window gave her same energy..energy of non-existence. Whole place seemed like no one lives in there, but why she didn't know about it? She knows every single street of her city, it's not like a total new place can just bump out of nowhere.

Although the sun was already bathing every resident of Nala's hometown, cold air was touching her skin. She decided to sit down and just think about nothing, thus the coldness started to make her feel uncomfortable on some way.

She thought about going back home, and she'd lie if she said she wasn't afraid a bit. But she will definitely bring Taehyung or Daeshim here one day. It's amazing place to hang out, but...not to be alone at.

Adjusting her hoodie zipper, she stood up, and made her way to the only source of sound, that was leading to the main street.

She swore to God she heard footsteps, but turning back made her see the same view like a few seconds ago. Empty, cold, lonely street.

until

"Hello puppet"