1𝘴𝘵 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳

Start from the beginning

"You really forgot, didn't you?" Jimin asked, perplexed on how at ease his friend was right now. It was the lad's 2 year anniversary with his girlfriend and Jimin was sure that Taehyung had forgotten it fully. Whole day they were together to practice for the performance and then they had a few tapes to shoot for the future broadcast. Then they were here for the performance. Not a single moment they were away from each other. He hadn't seen him even texting his girlfriend. 

"Forgot? What? Is it about the rings I took from your cupboard and promised to give them back last sunday but still have them?" Taehyung asked, having no clue about the situation he was in.

"It's your 2 year anniversary with Rue you FOOL!" Jimin whisper-yelled over Taehyung, getting frustrated over the fact that how this guy was so careless with his girlfriend and her feelings.

"WHAT?! It was today?!! Why didn't you tell me before Jimin-ah?? Oh no! What am I supposed to do now Jimin?" Taehyung went into complete confused and frantic state from being the laid back Taehyung he was a few seconds back before the anniversary bomb dropped.

"I don't know. Your girlfriend, you think. Why are you asking me?" Jimin said while shrugging his shoulders, having 'I don't care' look on his face. "Jimin-ah help me please." Taehyung started pleading as he held onto Jimin's hands when the man started returning to his seat again.

"Why shall I though? That too even today too!? You know I'd have helped you if it were just another episode of 'Me helping my best friend because he forgot yet another promise he made with his girlfriend'. She's your girlfriend bruh." Jimin decided to tease Taehyung for a little more while until he thinks that the poor lad learnt his lesson. He knew saying the last words were hard for himself too.

"Please Jimin-ah. I am your best friend, you can help this much, right? I promise I'll never forget any other important dates." Taehyung said with a sparkle of hope in his eyes and clung to Jimin's arm.

Seeing the puppy eyes, Jimin melted and again gave in to Taehyung's request of filling in for him.

"What do you want me to do? I mean it's our 2nd anniversary, I can't take her shopping for this." Taehyung asked Jimin while the former let out a sigh of deep thought and frustration.

"I thought you were the Romantic one among us and I just had to flirt. Imposter." Jimin said the last words through gritted teeth while breaking the eye contact with the lad and looking away, folding his arms in front of his chest. 

"What about a dinner date?" Taehyung suggested excitedly to which Jimin narrowed his eyes and furrowed his eyebrows. "Remember your first anniversary with her?" Jimin asked. "Not clearly. I guess I took her to the park or the mall-..." Taehyung started speaking, guessing anything randomly and wishing he'd hit the spot.

"Sure you don't. No biggie. You even forgot that day that it was your 1 year anniversary with her. That day too, I had to set up a dinner date on such a short notice for you two! Do you know how hard it is to get a reservation in THE ROYALS? On top of that so urgently!!?"

"Yeah right. The Royals. I remember now. You told me the room no. of the private room you booked for the dinner but I forgot and was struggling there for 15 minutes or so" Taehyung spoke as he recalled the bitter sweet memory again.

"Never mind. I'll set something up again and let you know about it. But firstly, you are going back there and telling that you can't come today for the drinks because you have some urgent appointment with any doctor of yours." Jimin demanded while Taehyung stood there listening to him.

"Instead of that, let's say that you are not feeling well, and then I'll escort you to your apartment. This way we both will get excused." Taehyung gave another one of his creative ideas.