PHONE

3 years later...

minji sighs as she looks at the pile of boxes she had yet to unpack. she'd moved back to the states three years ago and still hadn't had it in her to unpack the boxes of things gifted to her by the dreamies and their hyungs or the box of gifts solely from jisung.

every time she'd laid her eyes on them since she left, tears threatened to spill and she felt a pain inside that she couldn't explain. the best year and a half of her life was in those boxes, left to sit in a closet collecting dust.

she huffs as she grabs the first box marked 'nct'. it was full of the gifts that were not from the dreamies. a stuffed bear from yuta, sprayed lightly with his cologne, a pair of shoes from jaehyun, a photo of her, johnny, do young and jungwoo, a beautiful gold necklace from the wayv boys and an array of tiny stuffed toys from shotaro, sungchan and taeil.

she smiles at the gifts as tears roll steadily down her cheeks. she looks up at the next box, marked 'dream'. it was every gift she'd gotten from the dreamies, including the big stuffed dinosaur that jeno had given her when they first met. she grins at the assortment of random items before looking up at the next box.

'love'. the box was simply marked 'love'.

every little thing jisung had ever gotten her. a sob shakes her body as she pulls it out of the closet and places it in front of her. she sighs, opening the box and scanning over all the items inside. several jewellery boxes, stuffed toys, a bag, a pair of shoes, and his old hoodies and sweatpants. she lifts one of the neatly folded hoodies and holds up to her nose, taking a deep breath of the faint cologne left behind.

she slips the hoodie over her head and continues to dig through the box, pulling out random things that caught her eye.

she then stops as she comes across something she was sure was gone forever.

her old phone.

she must've accidentally packed into the box when she was sorting through her things before leaving her grandparents house. she pulls it out, testing the power button to find it still worked, it was just dead. she stands from the floor, running up the stairs to her bedroom and immediately plugs the device in to the charger.

she waits a moment, breath held in anticipation. the screen lights up, her old screen saver of jisung kissing her cheek showing. she squeals, unlocking the phone and opening her messages to see what she'd miss from the boys.

upon opening her messages, a wave of guilt washes over her body and she almost regretted reading what the boys had said.

...

DREAM

haechan
where tf are you minji

haechan
this isn't funny anymore

renjun
yeah seriously you leave
and then don't text us

jaemin
OUR BABY IS HEART
BROKEN

jeno
he's so quiet these days

chenle
i miss you min

chenle
why don't you talk to us
anymore

jisung
just give up

jisung
she's forgotten about
us so just fucking
forget about her she
obviously doesn't care
about us anymore so
just leave it

jisung
it's been a year you'd
think one of you would've
realised by now that
we clearly meant nothing
to her

jeno
jisung