Part 7

VEGAS POV

Jimmy's death somehow got me much more than I had expected. I knew that he was 8 years old, and that is more than enough. However he was the only one I could have said anything.. I know this might sound silly, but he did not judge me like everyone else.

I was lost. I kept talking about Pete, because in my mind he was the only help I could seek for. Somehow that lady from the vet center knew who I wanted, and she even had his number. I need to buy her flowers as a "Thank you" tomorrow.

I left the vet center and just stood in front of a bike. Quite an impressive bike it was, I had a similar bike at home. All of a sudden I heard footsteps. I knew it was Pete's.

"You arrived on it?" I had to ask him about that bike. He did not say anything, he just nodded.

"Can you please take me somewhere? He did not say a word, but put Jimmy into his small backpack and handed me a helmet.

"You wear it Pete. I don't need it, I need to feel the air in my hair" I refused his helmet.

"Where do you want me to take you?" Pete asked, I, without any word, took my phone out and placed a pin on a map that showed the route. The other just mounted it on his bike and we were ready to go.

Pete was driving fast. I was not afraid, I trusted him.

We arrived and I jumped down from the bike and went to a tree. It was my mothers tree. Oh fuck, how I miss her. I was coming here with Macau most of the time. I even mounted a seesaw for him, because I spent a lot of time talking to her and he was bored when he was younger. Now he just keeps sitting next to me.

With a corner of my eye I saw that Pete was surprised because of this view, but he remained in his main position, not moving, almost not breathing. I would say.

I can't believe that I met him only now. Where have you been hiding?

Pete's phone rang. He hurriedly silenced it. But I did not care at all, I just looked at him and with my eyes I told him to come next to me, and he started walking, sat next to me and just slightly smiled.

Fuck, he is mister of telepathy or something?

"Mom, this is Pete," I started to say "I've met him a few days ago, and now he is here with me.. would you believe that?" I tried to smile, but my tears started to fall down again.

"Hello mom, I'm Pete, and I promise that I will take care of Vegas and Macau, if they let me." Pete said all of a sudden. After that I felt butterflies in my stomach, because it seems that Pete will be able to get used to my behaviour.

I was happy, for the first time in a really long time I was happy. I just leaned my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes.
Pete started to caress my hair, and then his hand was moving lower just to gently touch my neck.
His hand stayed there for a moment, then again he lowered it, and now it was touching my hip. I slightly shivered under his touch, not only was it pleasant, but it was also honest.

Pete's feelings about me were honest, and what about me? I was thinking to screw him over because of a glass business and because I need to prove myself to my uncle or whatever other stupid reason I have.

I felt Pete's phone buzzing in his pocket, so I lifted my head and looked at him, "You should pick it up, it might be important.

The other stood up and went a bit away from me, but I still was able to hear what he was saying. "I'm with Vegas now grandma.. No.. I don't know what time I will be home. I don't care what you think about this.... I know... I know.. Yes, I am aware that I should be leaving for the US tomorrow. I know.. I'll be safe.. Hanging up now."