Chapter 3 ~History~

Start from the beginning

"DAD!" He immediately looked up. "Sweetie what's wrong? Are you okay?"

I couldn't think, my brain wasn't making proper sentences to speak up, all I could do was cry and tug him towards the back door.

"Y/n tell me what's wrong, you're worrying me..."

I couldn't bear to look him in the eye. How could I tell him mom was dead.

Footsteps were now heard from my parents bedroom, as my dad looked towards the sound.

"Y/n. What is going on?"

"...Dad, mom is dead." The change of aura in the room was very obvious, everything seemed to be clouded in my head, my mom's figure constantly replaying in my head.

I felt my hands being tugged upwards, my dad's hands gently touching mine, as the footsteps drew closer. I looked up to see what my dad was looking at and... there was blood. My hands were covered in blood. That was the wet feeling. Before I could scream, my dad quickly covered my mouth. Picking me up with one of his arms, while sprinting towards the back door.

"Y/n I know this is a lot to take in, but just... try to stay calm alright? I'll protect you the best I can, but for now we have to run."

Distant noises could be heard from our house. Our house that was growing smaller and smaller as my dad ran. My mom was left behind, I couldn't remember her final words, and I couldn't give her a proper goodbye. It all happened so fast.

My ear stung as the wind hit the bullet wound, tears rolled down my cheek.

"Dad... where will we go?"

He was starting to slow down, his breath no longer being able to catch up with the rest of his body, "I'm not sure sweetie, but let's try doing that trick I taught you before alright?"

"Okay.." He hid behind a rather large oak tree, setting me gently on the ground, as he knelt down to be at my height.

"Remember, try and clear your head, and think only of transforming. We'll run together after."

I tried. I really tried. I tried clearing my mind. My eyes shut tightly to help me concentrate. But hearing my dad laugh had me snap back to reality; "Sweetie you have to relax as well! Your sweating silly." He ruffled my hair, leaving his hand on my hand. "Now c'mon try again. This time make sure you don't sweat as much."

He moved back, giving me some space, and doing what he told me, I focused mainly on my hands and feet. My hands feeling the cold breeze of the autumn air, my feet touching the cold grass, leaves poking, nearby branches scratching my legs.

Until I felt it.

I felt my hands slowly turning themselves into paws, now the leaves were poking at my now paws. The process of transforming following after, it did feel weird for my body I will admit, as it felt like I was being stretched and squished at the same time into the body of a wolf.

"You did it Y/n!!"

I opened my eyes to see 2 front paws on the ground, my dad was right, I had finally done it...