Chapter 2 - New Adventure

Kazuma Pov

There's no way rimuru is a boy right? RIGHT?

While looking at my new party member eat, I could totally say that rimuru was a girl. Just her appearance alone is feminine enough to surpass the beauty of aqua.

It's a bit rude comparing her to aqua. But if only aqua shuts her mouth though, she could probably be majestic than she usually is.

I looked at rimuru happily eating the food and her expression is so soothing that I can't help but stare.

Man. I was sure is lucky getting her to this party. At least now we have a normal party member who is capable and a great help.

I put a spoonful of meat inside my mouth as I gaze at rimuru who was still smiling while eating her food.

"Hey Darkness, wanna help me later when we head home?"

My little bubble of imagination was suddenly popped by megumin's voice who seems overly cheerful for some reason.

"Uhm. Sure. But what are we doing?"

I looked at both of them who started a conversation, and it seems to me that Darkness was confused by the sudden request of megumin.

"Oh its nothing in particular. I just want you to help me get home. You see.. I would really love to use my explosion later."

She wants to use her explosion? At night?

I can't help but to feel concerned about that topic so I decided to intervene.

"If you do that, then you'll attract the attention of the guards. I want to head straight home, and besides, we still need to welcome Rimuru-san to the mansion."

While saying what i think was right, I received a cold glare from megumin and she said.

"Shut up. Anyway Darkness, you'd help right? I want to blow up kazuma-perv later so you'd help me right??"

Hold up! Wait a minute! What?

"Hah?? What are you talking about? You're scarring me!"

I can't help but to panic by the threat because I sense no joke about it. I mean, what did i even do to deserve such thing to begin with.

"I understand why you want to blow up kazutrash but I'd like you to refrain from now. I don't want to let rimuru-san see how disgraceful our group are because of the foolish things that kazutrash are doing."

Thankfully Darkness managed to calmed down megumin but I was annoyed by how she called my name. My reputation is bad enough that I became a joke in the guild so I can't let them destroy me even more in front of rimuru.

"Rimuru-san. Please don't mind my teammates. They are usually very tactful and civilized so please ignore their remarks."

"Remarks of you?"

Her response only broke my heart to piece.  I was ready to cry inside as i see the future where my reputation only crumble into dust.

"Yes. That's also part of it."

With my reply, I received a lot of hateful glares from them but I don't even have the time to care.

"That's some big talk you stupid NEET. Need I remind you that the only one who acts uncivilized here is you. You're spending your nights at a succubus club while having a girlfriend? Ohh, you're really perfect huh."