The Right Thing

*The Voight Residence: Bedroom: In Middle of the Night *

Ana woke up, alone, to the sound of a few hushed voices conversing downstairs. She would have instantly grabbed her gun off the nightstand if not for the fact that her husband's was easily recognizable. Instead, the brunette let out a yawn and sat up before rubbing at her eyes. The short woman made her way over to the dresser and grabbed her jacket, slipping it on. She then walked out into the Hall and over to stairs.

"Henry?" Ana called, tentatively, heading down into the kitchen. 

Sure enough, he was there talking to a young light-skined man with dark hair.

"Darrell, this is my wife Ana. Ana, this is Darrell Miller. Deputy Miller's son. He followed me back from my meeting with his mom and claimed to want my help with something so I brought him here." Hank explained, making his way over and standing somewhat protectively in front of her.

The male Sergeant couldn't keep their relationship a secret no matter how much he wanted to. Darell had already seen the photos. Speaking of the young man, the brunette just waved at him shyly before taking a deep breath.

"So, what seems to be the problem?" She wondered in a soft, quiet voice.

"I party sometimes up north. There's these college kids." He chucked, nervously.

"What are you dealing?" Hank inquired, already knowing where this was going.

"Just a little coke." Darrell replied.

"And a little coke turns into a lot of money. How?" The older man demanded.

"Well, these guys, they say they'll pay me back. And they do eventually." The younger assured. "I just- I got a little. . .buried under it with my dealer. I owe 10K."

"Who's your dealer?" Ana inquired, gently, still talking in a quiet voice.

Darrell should consider himself lucky. It was farther than the brunette was willing to go for anyone she had just met. . . aside from Peter Mills that is.

"His name's Kent Darby. He owns a strip club. Practically nobody. Crap dude." He muttered.

"Why the Hell are you here? Why aren't you telling your mom this?" Hank questioned.

"Have you met her?" Darrell scoffed and the older man just stared right back at him with his usual stony gaze. "I messed up, okay? And this- this will kill her. Can't you help me without telling her?"

Ana swallowed and looked up at her husband, knowing him all too well. That was not even close to being an option in his book. Or should she say their.

*District 21: Bullpen: The Next Day*

"Someone we know has been dealing eight balls for a small-time dealer named Kent Darby. Darby runs coke out of a strip club he owns in Logan Square." Hank informed, taping his photo to the whiteboard. "Darrell, our CI, he says it's a small-time operation. He's the only dealer outside the club. Most the product goes directly to customers."

"Seems like a little fish." Adam pointed out in confusion. "Why aren't we farming this out to Narcotics?"

"Because we know the CI. His name is Darrell Miller." Ana replied, leaning back in her chair.

"As in Deputy Miller?" Jay asked in confirmation.

"Her son." Hank nodded. "Huh. All right. So what? Kid got himself in a little trouble. This should be easy, okay?"

"Yeah, we do a buy-bust. We give Darrell 10K from the 1505 funds to pay Kent, he re-ups, we bust them both and Darrell gets a deal." Ana explained with a shrug.