Due Process

*District 21: Bullpen*

Hank caught a case late last night after he responded to a shooting. The victim's wife had been kidnapped and, so far, all they had was the word of a Quick Route driver who claimed that she never showed up.

"Morning." Kevin greeted as the two Sergeants appeared at the top of the stairs.

"Guys, the Quick Route driver's story checked out. He was 20 blocks away when the abduction happened, so we kicked him." Jay reported and the couple turned to look at him when he walked in from the Interrogation Area. "Any word on the gunshot victim?"

"Except him to make a full recovery. Med's gonna notify us as soon as he's stable." Hank replied, heading towards his Office.

"POD video from 31st and Dearborn just came in. That's where Ben and his wife were picked up." Kim informed and everyone crowded around her desk to see the video for themselves. "All right, 7:12, Larsons exit the restaurant. Now they're waiting for their Quick Route- hold on. They're expecting a black Fusion. That is a black Honda. They look almost identical-"

"Freeze it." Ana interrupted, gesturing at the screen. "Run the plate."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." The female Officer nodded, already doing it. "All right. Illinois plates. John X-ray 72 Paul nine."

Jay raced around to the computer across from Kim's and immediately began typing.

"It's registered to a Luna Witt. She's 55, reported it stolen yesterday." He revealed, clicking around a bit. "Here we go. LEADS posted that Patrol recovered the vehicle in Haywood Park."

"Come on. Jay, Hailey, you're with me." Hank commanded, practically rushing down the stairs.

Ana watched him go with a slightly worried expression and went over to her desk.

*2500 Block of West Howard*

Ana and the rest of the team arrived on scene after Hank and the two Detectives found the victim's wife DOA.

"Guys!" Jay called as he walked over from the building with his partner at his side.

"Anything?" The older man wondered.

"So far, nothing actionable from the body. The rape kit's being rushed. There's no fingerprints on the scene. They think he used a condom. Cause of death is strangulation." The male Detective reported, stopping right in front of the two Sergeants.

"But she fought back. There's plenty of defensive wounds. Her fingernails are ripped off, broken." Hailey added. "They're conducting the scrapings now. Hopefully, we'll get DNA."

"Okay, so what do we know about this place?" Ana inquired.

"Ah, well, the company that owns the building says it's used for heavy equipment storage, and it's empty most of the time." Kevin spoke up, gesturing around the area while he talked. "We got tire tracks that are consistent with the size of our burnt down Honda. Found pretty good blind spot, parked away from all the damn cameras."

"It worked." Kim muttered from where she was working on a computer to Hank's left. "I got into the security area. I got nothing on surveillance inside or out."

"Yeah, so this prick knows this place." Hank nodded.

"Yeah, he most certainly does." Adam agreed from behind the Voights. "He worked there for six months in 2015."

"What do you mean?" Ana wondered, turning to look at him confusion.

"I pulled CTA footage from where the Honda was stolen. There's no footage of the steal, but I noticed a guy walking out of a minimart a block away. That right there is Caleb Hoff." The male Officer explained, showing everyone the screen of the computer he was holding.