f o r t y - f o u r

~ 𝐀𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐚 ~

Her energy was draining. Fast.

She'd never created something even half as large as the dragon (she was honestly surprised she even could), and she didn't know how long she could keep it up.

Something was odd about the dragon, though. It was different from all the times she'd created the gecko, or Elijah for Daphne, or any of the other animals she created. Amara always had control over those animals. She could bring them back when she wanted. She could make them do what she wanted. And they always listened, no matter what.

Her frown deepened as she walked through random hallways, knowing that Kiselyov would be on her at any minute.

When she thought about it, her touch on the gecko was slowly fading. It argued with her a little longer than she liked. And the gecko... she knew where the gecko was at all times. She could sense it. She was connected to it.

Something was wrong with her connection to the dragon. Something wasn't-

Amara cried out when she was knocked off her feet. The back of her head hit the concrete, and she groaned, trying to get a grasp of the situation before anything worse could happen. She wasn't quick enough.

Serves you right for not paying attention.

Her hand raised to block a punch. Something was wrong with It, too. Something was wrong. It sounded different. It echoed more in her head, but was also quieter. Further away. It somehow sounded even eviler, and... wetter, too. Like something was dripping from It's mouth, without any care for wiping it.

But, that didn't make any sense. It didn't have a mouth.

Let's go, Kahuna, come on.

After Kiselyov twisted her arm and kicked her chest, Amara turned invisible and snuck around him, ignoring his laughter and pinning him to the ground with her power. That worked for maybe half a second, until he stretched his own arm out and threw her out of the room, into a wall and to the floor.

Get up. Let's go.

Get.

Up.

"Dorogaya," Kiselyov sighed after she stood up. "You must realize by now that this fight is futile."

She straightened her back, ignoring the annoying voice in her head. But, before she could say anything, her stomach clenched, and her body lurched forward, gagging up the nothing in her stomach and releasing it onto the floor.

What the hell was happening to her?

The acid was bitter in her mouth as she wiped it and leaned on her knees.

"Has the fight even started yet?" she asked, clutching her stomach tightly.

She ignored Kiselyov chuckling while she stretched out her back.

"I was just getting warmed up."

*****

w/c: 449

a/n: i know there isn't much i can say about amara without it getting super repetitive, so i thought i'd keep this one short... keep your eyes out for another chapter soon!! please don't forget to vote, comment and share if you enjoy the story!! xx