t w e n t y - f o u r

~ 𝐀𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐚 ~

It was definitely her. She opened up too much, and she scared him off.

Fucking great. She should have seen it. This was how it always fucking happened. What a fucking idiot she was.

She hadn't even realized she started using her mutation again as she sank down to the bottom of the freezing tub, but she didn't even fight It.

You do have to admit he has a nice ass, though.

Amara rolled her eyes. At least she could count on It being as predictable as always.

"You promised you wouldn't look, pervert," she muttered under her breath once she knew Peter was out of the bathroom.

He was looking first. I thought it was only fair.

Amara's cheeks reddened, and she quickly got out to wrap her towel around herself.

"He... he was?"

Mhm.

"Could you tell what he was thinking?"

She didn't know if she wanted to know. What if she was right, and he thought she was hideous? Being trapped in a moldy dungeon for who knows how long doesn't exactly give someone the ultimate bod.

Well, it was only a glance at first, It began, It's voice soft as Amara heard Peter go into one of the smaller bedrooms. But it was an accident. He almost dropped the soap.

Amara's feet padded into the master bedroom, where she shut the door and locked it.

And he looked away. He looked... embarrassed by what he did. But I think he saw the scar on your chest, which was why he looked back at you.

Instinctively, she pulled the towel away from her chest to look down at herself. She had forgotten about the injury, which was now a thin line that began at her right shoulder and cut across her breast, then under the next. That was a whipping mark.

He looked hurt by it, the longer he looked, and... his eyes moved back up to your face. And when he did, he moved closer. He likes your face, Amara. He likes you.

She shook her head.

He likes us.

That wasn't true.

Doesn't that mean we can make him ours now?

"That doesn't mean anything."

His lips were so good, Kahuna.

She licked her own unintentionally, and she shook her head again. No.

Didn't It see what just literally happened? He ran away. He didn't want her. He wanted to get away from her.

But her mind circled around. She cringed as she thought back to her screams in the Remedy base. Not the ones from Graeme and Dr. Dietrich - the ones from Brad and Trent. They were dead now. She had gotten rid of them.

She frowned. And Peter helped her forget them. Forget where their hands were. Forget where their mouths were, and where hers was in turn.

She wanted to know where Peter wanted his hands to be. And she shocked herself by admitting that she wanted them there.

But... did he want them to be there? Did he want hers to be on him?

It didn't look like it. At least, not anymore.

She frowned again, staring at her set of folded clothes on the bed. One kiss, and it was over.

Fuck.

Yes, you should.

She huffed. Stop. No. That's not what she meant.

She jumped lightly as she heard Peter shuffle back into the bathroom, and she huddled the towel closer to her body.

She was going to have to talk to him whether she wanted to or not. Her anger with him was coming back, just like it always had before. Stupid Peter Maximoff, playing with her feelings and embarrassing her even further than she already felt.

She knew it. She knew it. He was just like everyone else. He was such a fucking asshole, and she knew it. This was what she had been saying to herself for the past year, and the one time that she let her guard down, he attacked. He crushed her, from the inside out, and made her feel like the piece of shit she already knew that she was.

And this one hurt. So much more than it should have. It cut deep, and unknowingly forced her to angrily throw on her clothes on her body and slam the door open. Her footsteps stomped down the hallway, and she stormed down the staircase.

She was angry again, and she had to show him just that.

*****

w/c: 734

a/n: i know it's been a while, these last few weeks have been insane. i'm back, though, and i should be back for good. and don't worry, the next few chapters are going to be much longer than this one. thanks for all the continuous support, and almost 700 reads!! xx