19. Phone Calls ♔︎

Start from the beginning

"But I know you've gotten up on that pole at least once or twice before."

"Way more than just once or twice," Kiara smirked.

"King?" Monie gasped. "You ain't never told me that you know your way around a pole."

"You never asked," she shrugged.

"You be dancing for people?"

"Fuck no," Kiara laughed. "And no one is ever gonna see it either."

"Nah, I gotta see this for myself. I have to."

"So you can laugh at me? Nah, I'm good."

"Now King, you know I'm not like that. You know I won't laugh."

"Maybe I'll show you one day. That day ain't gonna be today though."

"Fine. And when you do, you gotta keep the glasses on when you dance for me," Monie teased. "And you can wear a sexy lil school girl-"

"Shut up," Kiara playfully rolled her eyes. "I already hate wearing these shits, so you keep pointing them out is just gonna make me wanna wear 'em less than I already do."

"I'm just playing," Monie placed her hands on Kiara's cheeks and looked down into her eyes. "But I really do love how they look on you, for real. And I'm being a thousand percent serious."

"You really do have such a beautiful soul, Monie. You're not at all the person I was expecting you to be when I first saw you."

"And neither are you. You've done more for me in the week we've known each other than most people have my entire life. You have such a pure heart, King. And you should know that you're absolutely beautiful too," Monie said as she gently swiped her thumb across Kiara's cheek. "On both the inside and out."

That made Kiara smile. She couldn't hide it even if she wanted to. And seeing her smile made Monie smile too. She wanted to kiss her again. She wanted to lean over and kiss Kiara's lips. She decided on a cheek kiss instead though. Monie kissed Kiara on the highest point of her cheek, right near the edge of her glasses.

Kiara didn't think that kiss on the cheek was enough because she reached her arm up to the back of Monie's neck, and pulled her down onto her lips. The kiss was short. Nothing more than a quick peck. But even the two second kiss was enough to have Monie smiling from ear to ear.

Monie felt a very weird sensation in her chest. It was warm, and fuzzy, and made her feel like a teenager with a crush. Except it was a little more intense than a regular crush. Monie wanted Kiara. She wanted her in every single way possible.

She wanted to kiss Kiara again, this time with more intent and passion behind it. She wanted to lay back on the blanket and pull Kiara on top of her. She wanted to touch on her body and taste different parts of her skin. She wanted Kiara to spend the night again. And the next night. And then the next. She wanted to wake up with Kiara laying in her arms every single morning for the rest of her life.

'Maybe us agreeing to move slow is a good thing,' Monie told herself.

She was getting ahead of herself. It had only been a week. One week. And already Monie was having thoughts about spending the rest of her life with this woman.