3. Eye Contact ♔

***************
| King of Hearts |
***************
By: Janae Destiny

*
*
*

Later That Night

When Kiara arrived at Ethereal that night, all eyes were on her as she walked in, even though one of the hottest rappers to come out of Miami was there. She steals the spotlight of every room she walks into, and it's not hard to see why. Her beautiful blemish-free dark brown skin, thick, curvaceous body, and pretty face are enough to have any man or woman in a trance as she walks by.

And that night, she had her hairstylist come and install a brand new 30" water wave unit with transparent lace. She was dressed in a bright yellow two-piece fitted skirt and top outfit that perfectly contrasted her dark skin complexion, a pair of black Tom Ford Padlock heels, and gold accessories. She looked good. Really good.

Kiara walked through the thick sea of people in her very packed club until she made her way to the V.I.P section where Babi Bandz and his closest friends were. The party had sold so many tickets, more than any other event Ethreal Miami has hosted before. It was so packed that one of the bouncers/security guards had to personally escort her to the section so she didn't have to physically push past people to get through.

"King! Wassup girl," Babi Bandz held his arms out and she walked into his embrace, allowing him to hug her.

"Hey baby," she squeezed him tight and gave him a little kiss on the cheek before pulling away from the hug. "Happy birthday Bandz."

"Thanks, boo," he smiled down at her. Even if he wasn't holding an open bottle of D'usse in his left hand, it would still be very obvious that he was already drunk-- very drunk. "You look, good King. Real good."

"I always do," she smiled, showing off the open-faced gold and diamond grillz she has on her both her top and bottom teeth.

"You can't just say thank you? You always did have a big head," he shook his head, his shoulder-length dreads moving along with him.

"Not as big as yours though," she playfully pushed him backward. "You enjoying your party so far?"

"Fa sho. You know it's always lit. And then having me here on top of it? We bouta go up all fucking night, King."

"Mmmhm," she laughed in response to that. Maybe he would be going up all night, but Kiara was not about to get home with the sun rising again like she did the previous night. "I'ma go say hi to some more people. I'll see you later Bandz."

"You made it!" Chantal looked up to meet Kiara, yelling over the bass that was thumping through the club. She was sitting on a couch holding a hookah pipe between her lips.

"I woulda been here earlier, but it took me a lil minute to get ready," Kiara squeezed herself in between Chantal and the guy sitting next to her.

"You look good though," she handed Kiara the hookah pipe and she kindly accepted it.

"At least y'all think so. I FaceTimed my mom before I left the house and my dad in the background talking shit saying I look like that long ass nigga from Curious George who dresses in all yellow."

"Babe I'm so sorry, but that's funny as fuck," Chantal covered her mouth, trying to hide the very obnoxious laugh that left her lips. "He so wrong for that. Keenan King ain't nothing but a hater for real."

"Nigga got too much time on his hands is the problem. Ain't got nothing to do but bother us ever since he stopped playing. I swear he ain't do nothing with his life but annoy me since I was like 17 years old."