One Kiss

"No.." Nico mumbled as Will tried to shake him awake.

"Get up!" Will whispered.

"Later." Nico rolled over onto his side, but Will grabbed his shoulder.

"I'm making waffles.."

"That's nice."

"We have an appointment at the pet shelter."

"That's nice."

"Bianca is taking her driving test today."

"That's nice."

"I'll take you to dinner at McDonalds."

"That's nice."

"I'll give you a kiss if you get up.."

"That's- I'M UP!" Nico got up straight away and sat there, bare-chested, the covers tangled and twisted, waiting like an obedient puppy for a treat.

"Here." Will grinned and their lips met. It was sweet, short, but everything Nico needed (however much he hated to admit it).

"Ewwww, Daddy and Papa are kisssssing!" Their four year old daughter, Maria, squealed as she ran into the room. Will got up and started chasing her around the room. Finally he caught her and started kissing her dark curls. Maria giggled.

Nico yawned, throwing on his black velvet robe. "So, Sunshine, you need help with those waffles?"

"No, I got the waffles handled, but I do need help with the kids... Okay, the chef is back!" Will announced, walking into the kitchen.

"Hooray. We're saved." Bianca (16) said dully. Will walked over to her.

"Ah, I have such fond memories of making waffles in this very waffle maker as a child." He sighed.

"The plates were magical. You didn't cook," Nico wrinkled his nose, slightly amused.

"So that explains why all the waffles are half cooked and taste awful." Bianca retorted.

"Eh, leave 'em' on a little extra and they should be fine." Will shrugged.

"I'm using Eggo waffles next time." Bianca mumbled. Will put the waffles onto a plate and set them down on the table.

"BREAKFAST!" He hollered. "Mari, will you go wake Naomi?"

"Okay!" Maria nodded, her pigtails bouncing. She came back about a minute later followed by thirteen year old Naomi who was only wearing a black tank top with a skull on it and shorts. She grabbed a bowl from the cupboard and got the milk from the fridge.

"Woah, woah, woah, what are you doing?" Will asked, eyeing her.

"Getting breakfast." She said bluntly.

"I made waffles, could you please eat them?" Will asked, blinking innocently. Naomi groaned but put the stuff away.

"These waffles suck." She mumbled.

"They sure do," Nico smirked.

Will pouted. "I thought you were on my side!"

Nico shrugged. "I'll be on your side when breakfast tastes good."

"It would taste good if you woke up early for once and made it-" Will tried.

"Not happening," Nico drizzled syrup onto his own waffles.

"Alright girls," Will said louder. The three looked at their dad with different expressions. Bianca looked bored, Maria looked like the happiest kid on earth, and Naomi was examining her black nail polish dully.

"10:00, you guys need to get out of the house, so Neeks is gonna drop you off at camp for an hour or two." The older girls perked up after hearing 'camp' and Maria grinned happily. "12:00, Naomi and Mari are going to Percy and Annabeth's house. Zoë and Luke should be home. I think Silena, Charlie, and Emily will be there as well. Bianca has her driving test, and your dad and I are going to go pick up a surprise in honor of Bianca getting her driver's license (hopefully)."

"Is it a car?" Bianca asked sarcastically.

"In your dreams," Nico snorted.

Will elbowed him in the stomach. "7:00, I'm taking Death Boy here out for dinner. Any questions?"

"What if there's a fire?" Maria asked with wide eyes.

"Percy's number is on the fridge. You can also go next door to Aunt Hazel's and ask them for help." Will explained.

"Can we watch a movie while you guys are at dinner?" Naomi asked, still looking at her nails.

"Sure," Nico shrugged. "Remember to use the monster proof lapto-"

"As long as it's not inappropriate," Will cut in.

Nico rolled his eyes. "They're not little kids, I think they can handle themselves."

"Then what are we supposed to watch?! Flora and her baby unicorn go to lollipop island to save all the sprinkle munchkins from the evil marshmallow fairy?!" Naomi retorted.

"Of course! After all, I know it's your favorite movie!" Will smiled sweetly. "Okay! Naomi, go get dressed, Mari and Bianca get your shoes and coat on."

"It's September," Bianca frowned. "We don't need coats."

"Severe chills exist!" Will huffed. "I don't want you catching colds."

"Papa," Bianca complained to Nico. "Why is Dad so overprotective?"

"Just wait until you learn to shadowtravel," Nico grimaced. "I teleport a giant statue one time..."

"YOU ALMOST DIED," his blonde husband yelled.

"Moving on," Bianca interrupted. "Can we go to camp now? I've been trying to get to the top of the lava wall and I think I'm ready now."

"Yeah, okay," Will sighed. Nico smirked.

"I love you, you know that right? Rants and all." Nico wrapped his arm around Will's waist once all the kids had left the kitchen.

"I know, Neeks. I love you too," Will smiled. "Now go get ready. You can't go to camp shirtless. Mr. D will turn you into a dolphin."

"Actually, I can." Nico stated, crossing his arms.

"Shut up and put some clothes on!" Will called, leaving the kitchen.

Nico playfully threw a chunk of waffle at the back of Will's head before following him to get ready for what turned out to be a wonderful day.