I blush. "I can defend myself now too.. I took boxing."

"yeah but you have me now too. I won't let anything happen to you."

oh my gosh this man. I love him so much.

"I love you."

"I love you more, princess."

The food comes and we eat.

"what about you?" I say.

"what about me?"

"well how was school? did you play sports?"

"oh yeah I played football." he takes out his phone and shows me a photo.

" he takes out his phone and shows me a photo

"oh my gosh." my jaw drops. "your so hot"

He laughs.

"did I say that out loud." I clasp my hand over my mouth.

"yes." he winks. "but I could say the same about you.."

the waiter soon comes with the check and I take out my wallet but rafe insisted he'd pay.

We leave and he lets me drive. I stop in front of an ice cream parlor.

I look at him grinning. "cmon lets go inside."

He smiles and follows.

He orders a chocolate chip dough on a waffle cone and I order sea salt caramel in a cup.

I pay since he payed for lunch.

We go outside on a bench and he kisses me. "mm the sea salt caramel taste good.. especially on your lips."

I roll my eyes and hand him the cup of ice cream. "im sure the actual ice cream will taste better.. have some."

he tries some and hands me his chocolate chip cookie dough and I try some.. not bad.

"I lip the taste on your lips more." he says handing back my cup of ice cream.

***

when we get home we cuddle on the couch for a bit. then ward comes in looks at us then me. I push myself off rafe and sit up straighter when he notices us. Rafe looks at me annoyed.

"hey Stella!" ward says.

"hey" I say. why didn't he say hi to rafe? I  guess hes still mad.

My dad walks in and I look down to avoid eye contact. I start playing with the ring rafe got me.

Rafe seems to notice, takes my left hand and intertwines his fingers with mine.

He puts his lips next to my ear, almost touching and shivers and goosebumps go down my spine and arms.

I eyes my arms.

"you like that huh?" he whispers.

I roll my eyes.