CHAPTER 49

I was 7 when it all happened...

"Boys, get Jewel and lock yourself in her room." My mom ordered my brothers.

I was confused, why would we go to my room?

Immediately, my brothers followed my mom's orders. Binuhat ako ni kuya Jackson at pumasok kami sa loob ng kwarto at sinira iyon ni kuya James. Kuya Jaydee then approach me and made me wear his headphones.

"Why do I need to wear this, kuya?"I asked Kuya Jaydee. I wanted to take it off, but Kuya stopped me. Kuya Jaydee connected his phone to his headphones and played music. I can still hear my kuyas but I couldn't hear anything outside.

"You just need to, Jewel." he smiled and patted me on the head. Pagkatapos ay umupo siya sa gilid ko. His lips were pursed and his hands were holding his pants tightly.

Tinignan ko si kuya Jem at kuya Jedan na pinipigilan ang kanilang sarili na umiyak. Kuya Jackson was staring at the door, while kuya James was staring at me. I blinked a couple of times and tilted my head, it made him smile.

"Why are you all not wearing headphones?"I asked them.

"We're exchanging. After you, kami na din."Kuya Jackson answered.

"Kayo na, I'm already bored. I want to go outside. I want to see Daddy!" Their eyes widen by what I said. I was about to leave the bed but Kuya Jaydee stopped me. I looked at him confused.

"No, Jewel. Stay here." Kuya James said. He was kneeling in front of me to level my gaze with him. He was tall. I wanted to be like him.

"Are they fighting?"Nanlaki ang mata nila sa tanong ko. Mom and Dad don't usually fight and Mom never ordered us to lock ourselves in our room. "Is that the reason why you all are making me wear these? So I won't hear their loud noise-"

"No, they're not fighting Jewel."Kuya James stopped me. I believed him, but a part of me was hesitant.

"If they are fighting. I can show myself and they will stop. It happened once, right?" I innocently asked. I was hopeful that I could fix the problem. I don't want to see my brothers sad.

"No, Jewel. They're not fighting."Inulit ni kuya James ang sinabi niya kanina.

"Then, why can't I go outside?"I innocently asked.

"They have things to do."

"I'm bored!" I shouted. I was about to leave the bed and leave this room but Kuya Jedan stopped me.

"Here, a cookie!" Kuya Jem said and put a cookie in my mouth. I giggled and munch it. They all sighed and smiled at me as I ate the cookie. I even break the cookies in half to share."

"Ang liit ng sayo. Sayo na iyan."

"No, I want to share, "I told Kuya Jackson. He then messed up my hair and I pouted at him.

The door then suddenly opened. I was the first to leave the room. I ran downstairs looking for Daddy, but all I saw was Mommy in the kitchen. She was drinking something and she looked sad.

I approached her and tugged her dress so she would lock down. Which she did. She was shocked to see me. She then carried me until I sat on her lap.

I touch her cheeks. "Why are you sad, mommy?"

"Nothing, baby."

"You should stop drinking that, it makes you sad." I pointed to the drink and Mom glanced at what I was pointing before laughing. "Where's daddy, mommy? He can make you happy. "The smile on my mommy's faltered, when I asked about daddy. "What's wrong, mommy?"