06

"I don't understand." said Dean. "So, it was hellhounds?"

     I nodded. "That's what he said. I trust Mark, but I don't know. He's been acting so weird lately. Especially when I mentioned you guys."

     "We have that effect on people." Dean smiled. 

     I took a breath. "I just . . . I don't understand why she would sell her soul. And for what reason? It's all still a blur. And that mayor just seemed so suspicious!"

     Sam nodded. "I agree. I still want to check out the mayor and see what he has to say."

     "Me too."

     "Okay, we'll do that tomorrow morning. Go get some sleep."

     I smiled at them before leaving the room. It was a hard walk back to my room. The five seconds it took me truly felt like an hour. I just can't believe what Mark told me. If Bethany was in some sort of trouble, she would have told me about it. It just doesn't seem right. I unlocked the door and threw my jacket on the bed, before throwing myself onto it. I forced myself to sleep, which didn't take very long. 

     "What do you want from me?"

     "I need you to sit still." 

     Black smoke entered the mayor's lungs. It was blurry. A hand was holding his head back but I can't see who it was. Once the wave of smoke was gone, the mayor's head sunk back, limp. Then, in a flash, it jolted up. His eyes were now black. 

    "What do you want me to do?"  a voice sprung up from the mayor's throat. It was much deeper. Much more . . . sinister. Not him at all. 

   "Kill her. Make it look like an accident." 

    I was in a pool of drool when I woke up to my phone ringing.  I let it ring because I was still out of it from my sleep. I could tell it was morning now because light was seeping in through the curtains. Then I remembered my dream. I nearly gasped.

     The mayor was possessed. He was possessed! I need to go tell Sam and Dean. I look at my phone and see that I had two missed called already from Sam. I don't bother getting dressed, I'm still in the clothes from yesterday. I rush out my door to theirs, when it swings open. 

     "You will not believe it. The mayor is-"

     "Dead." Dean said. "We know." he stepped aside and I followed him and closed the door. Sam was in the washroom fixing the collar on his shirt. They were both in nice, grey suits. Sam's hair was swept nicely to the side. I ignored the heart flutter I got from looking at him and went back to what Dean just said. 

     "W-What? He's dead?"

     Dean nodded. "Get dressed, we leave in 5 minutes."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

     It's quiet as we drive back to the mayor's. We don't care to say anything to each other. I don't know how to bring up my dream to them. I feel like I should tell them, but I'll just wait till after. There's a line of police cars parked in front of the mayor's house when we arrive. We get out our badges and have them ready for the approaching officer.

     "I didn't know the feds were coming." he spoke when he saw us. 

     "Yeah, well. We heard it was a murder." 

     The officer shook his head. "It wasn't confirmed just yet. He's been dead for atleast a couple days now. We're sending him for an autopsy to figure out what really happened. There's no sign of forced entry or any sort of trouble. His house is in pretty bad shape. I say it's gotta do with that."