𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

𝐖 𝐡 𝐞 𝐫 𝐞  𝐭 𝐡 𝐞  𝐋 𝐢 𝐥 𝐚 𝐜 𝐬  𝐆 𝐫 𝐨 𝐰𝟐𝟕𝟖 𝐀𝐂 | 𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥

𝟐𝟕𝟖 𝐀𝐂 | 𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥

"We better put up camp soon. It looks like it's going to be heavy rain tonight," Jon squinted his eyes, hovering his free hand on his eyebrows to shade his eyes from the sun's bright glare. His other hand held onto the reins of his horse, keeping his pace steady.

Arthur was the spectacle of Jon's inquiry, looking up to the sky to see for himself, "It looks clear to me. Not a single cloud in the sky." He averted his eyes to look at Jon with a quizzical brow.

"You do not know the ever changing weather of the Stormlands like I do. You are but a foreigner on the lands I grew up on," Jon countered, puffing up his chest proudly.

"We are approaching the Dornish Marches," the Kingsguard pointed into the distance, "weather is much more fair than east from here."

"I don't appreciate your input," the redhead held a soured expression. He did not want to admit that Arthur's words did hold its weight. They were inching closer to the Dornish Marches and a day or two away from their destination—Summerhall.

Arthur shooked his head and softly chuckled, "alright, let us make a bet then? A gold dragon?"

Jon's lips twitched into a devilish grin liking Arthur's offer, "Ten gold dragons and bragging rights."

"Deal," Arthur did not hesitate to answer. The two friends extended their dominant hand towards each other and shook on their agreement.

"I hope you have your coin ready because you are buying a barrel of sweet Dornish wine," gloated Jon as he brought his hand back around his horse's reins. He looked off into the distance, imagining his time in the ruined castle drinking the red liquor while he lived his best life. "What about you, Arthur? What would you do with the coin?"

The latter thought for a second. There was not much he could do with ten golden dragons in his disposal. Of course, the amount of coins was a lot but there was not anything at the current moment he needed to purchase. Being a Kingsguard meant that all of his necessities and accommodations were given to him by the Crown, along with a steady pay. Furthermore, he did not indulge himself in materialistic things. "Maybe I'll put the coin in good use by buying you a friend," Arthur amused, laughing freely into the cool air brought by the nearby high mountains.

Jon side-eyed his dark-haired friend. "Laugh all you want right now because you won't be when it starts pouring," he grumbled.

Another pair of quick hooves pounding on the dirt road approached the lord and Kingsguard. "You two sound like you are making this trip more pleasant," Rhaegar said as he fell into sync with his companions' horses.

"We made a bet, ten golden dragons, on whether it is going to rain or not," Arthur filled the Dragon Prince in on the conversation.

Rhaegar hummed, looking up into the sky. "Rain? It hardly rains at Dornish Marches," he concluded.